AoE III price lowered another $10

Where's mine, then? I've been a loyal owner of the previous edition for the last quarter century, and have recommended it endlessly, which should entitle me to some favour here. ;)

--

Paul Burridge
Reply to

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:59:50 +0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom Gave us:

You are his favourite loyalist. ;-)

I recommend g-force screen saver and music animation.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Obamabook? Quantitative Electronics 3rd Edition? Keynesean Macroelecronics?

Reply to
krw

The rule: you first have to fall down the stairs and break your leg, arm and head in five places. Oh, and this has to coincide with me receiving a box from the publisher with my Author's Copies.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Lessee, I've ordered about 0.02% of the books that have been printed so far. It doesn't seem to be helping very much.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The legs and arms were fine, apart from bruises. Only three skull fractures and one broken rib.

I did enjoy reading a lot of the book while I was in bed, once I stopped being goofy.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I read somewhere that something like a million copies of AoE have been sold so far. That book has no doubt changed the world.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yep, right, somewhere between 0.5 and 1 million.

It must've had an impact, but now we compete for top selling-rank places with Arduino and Maker books, etc., which is a good thing. Ten years of Arduino's, and five million Raspberry Pi's sold so far, surely these've had a huge impact on the let's-build-something-electronic scene. Some fraction of these uC experimenters will graduate to real electronics.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

??? Stopped??? ;-)

--

Rick
Reply to

Exactly. AoE might let those kids know that there's more to life than typing code.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On 2 Jun 2015 18:51:31 -0700, Winfield Hill Gave us:

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 21:56:16 -0400, rickman Gave us:

There is residual inertia involved.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Until you stopped thinking that you were being goofy. More objective observers might differ about when that actually happened (if it ever has).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'd never want to get down to 0% goofy. Goofy is where ideas come from. Grim serious people seldom have ideas. I could name names.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Oh, my,  aren't you just the coyest little shterer...
Reply to
John Fields

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:00:50 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

Yes. He 'disses' NASA and dissed the shuttle program and the ISS all the time. I am sure he has no clue what goes on at the John Glenn Research Facility.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Coy shterer? No. Psychopathic shterer? Yes. ...Jim Thompson

I don't need to name names; they volunteer!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Expensive, useless death machines. NASA will be able to spend more money on serious science and aeronautics after the ISS dies (one way or another.)

The military now have their own shuttle, which works, and is about the size that the original shuttle should have been.

I am sure he has no clue what goes on at the John Glenn

Tell us.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Another volunteer!