AoE III price lowered another $10

So, what would the total be if one added shipping to the States?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Dew what? Sent from Illinois to Big Ben (to keep it on time), and then back (to US customer)? Or would they be smart enough to send direct (hopefully charging only the actual one-way shipping)?

Reply to
Robert Baer

EXCELLENT question especially if it got sent directly to a customer in the US!

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm amazed, quite frankly. Normally (certainly in the past it's always been the case) American books would be priced for sale in the UK at their cover dollar value simply stated as pounds instead. For example, an American book with a cover price of $50 would be priced in Britain at 50

*pounds* resulting in a nice little markup for the bookseller thanks to the long-standing relationship between the pound and the dollar typically averaging 1 pound = 1.5 dollars. Maybe people buying books directly over the net has forced UK booksellers into revising their rip-off pricing?
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

"Er fixiert das Kabel."

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

I cable an idiom in German?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Ah, I take it Horowitz is the Lebowski fan.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

On Sun, 31 May 2015 19:47:40 -0700 (PDT), "John Miles, KE5FX" Gave us:

Here is that converter I mentioned, Win.

Don't know how easy it would be to re-tune down to 60Hz. Not likely very easy as it is tied to the magnetics. It is a pretty nice converter though.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I just received the copy I ordered a few days ago from Amazon, and it's still the first printing.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Are you going to return it? lol

--

Rick
Reply to

Thank you.

--
 ,-.                                 Give More expect less Love More
 \_/                                 argue less Listen More talk less

There is an announcement on Amazon UK pages saying that the sale and shipping of AoE is interrupted due to problems in edition inventory.

--

-TV
Reply to

Aha, Amazon US pulled rank and got the 1st-printing shipment that was supposed to go to Amazon UK, so a smaller emergency 2nd printing was done, mostly for Amazon UK. Maybe now they're waiting for a shipment of 3rd-printing copies (1st one with corrections) to arrive from the US. SFAIK that's all CUP has in stock.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

On 2 Jun 2015 02:02:09 -0700, Winfield Hill Gave us:

Their CUP runneth over, AND amuck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yeah, Win ordered too many.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 07:24:45 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

That's just too funny.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That's one way to increase your royalty payments.

Not a very efficient way admittedly...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Maybe he gives them away. He sent me a signed edition, which I've shown to, maybe, 30 people so far. Especially page 360.

I give a copy of AoE to any of my techs or engineers who don't already have one.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes I saw that! John Fields is in there too and JT I think.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

He does that to sell more books! Sort of an indirect vanity press.