Another NON-Political laugh

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

One hump or two?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany

Sno-o-o-ort! That was dangerously close... I had just set the coffee cup down ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Wow, I cannot believe BBC would report this kind of story.

Ken

Opportunities are never lost. The other fellow takes those you miss.

| Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC | |

| |

Torrey Hills

She's dead. That's not funny.

John

Whats wrong with the news item ( not story)

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Did you ever see the episode of the Mary Tyler Moore where Chuckles the Clown (dressed as a peanut) was killed by an elephant?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I'd have thought you'd know better by now.

BTW, that greetings post was for you among others, in case you blew it off. You might want to park the coffee for that one, too. No warning in that subject line. How's the hip?

And (rhetorical question) why is google's send button not working? Mozilla is fine until I try to post. I had dinner waiting for it to choke over the text entry. It left me with 15MB after I hit send and RAMFree was trying to reclaim ram every time I typed. Hmm... maybe because there's an unsuported group (ABSE) in the friggin' groups line. Time to load Thunderbird or Forte`.

Mike

Reply to
Active8

But maybe she had a "good ride" ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

I kind of agree with John, but then again... Once I was listening to a guy describe how he attempted suicide and the rope stretched, I had a kind of reflex of just finding it hilarious and I started to laugh. About a second later my thinking mind kicked in and I stifled myself. Now I don't feel guilty at all about laughing because it was spontaneous, and unconscious thing. Sometimes I think that if I should not have been so civilized and inhibited, and instead had gone ahead and done the natural thing, which is laugh. Natural laughter is not the same thing as mean-spirited snickering.

Reply to
gearhead

When I was a student at MIT, in the East Campus Houses (Goodale), a despondent student decided to take his own life by hanging, by jumping down the spiral staircase (5 stories worth).

Being a good engineer, he figured the rope length to be such that it would "yank" him when his feet were about 10' above ground level.

Trouble was, he was traveling so fast the rope broke... result both legs broken, but he survived ;-)

...Jim Thompson

A remark you have blurted here hundreds of times. You must live on coffee. Have you acquired your hiatal hernia yet?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I really doubt the camel bought her flowers and dinner first.

John

Yes. "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Dude I know has launched a vendetta against someone who f'd his daughter's mom (no, not against himself). He said if he were to throw him out of the 20 floor window, he go along just to make sure the guy made it all the way down.

Reply to
Active8