Ping: Joerg

Joerg, maybe this will interest you: RFID tags stop medical equipment:

List:

Jan Panteltje

Scary. I hope that articles like this stop referencing into that IEEE Explore where people cannot get the informatiomn anyway without forking over some money first. Not a good style IMHO.

I haven't designed any of those. Usually I urge clients to test designs to military susceptibilityy levels and in my whole 20+ years of design I have yet to hear of one single case where a system has fallen off the rocker after being exposed to regular RF fields.

After a machine passed 10V/m I asked an EMC lab engineer to crank it up big time. "Ya sure?" ... "Yep." ... "Ok then, it's not my machine."

One common flaw with many susceptible designs is the splitting up of ground planes, for example by blindly following app note "recommendations". That can create a nearly perfect pickup antenna.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Isn't this what the CE mark is supposed to be about?

I wonder what tests the makers of the devices did before they were placed on the market.

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The CE mark is just a bureaucratic hurdle and you can usually self-certify. I have seen some really horrid EMC performance in medical equipment. The most nasty ones were typically pulse oximeters.

Sometimes I wonder, too.