Analog Period Detector

You could use the dsPIC, slap in an FFT routine, and you're almost done. Longer than wiring up the 4046, but not insane.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Phsssttt...(spits out coffee...) omg! There's a dsp in the PIC now... fkn new shit coming out all the time!!.. I don't know anything anymore...

If I was a wiz at programming, yeah...I'd go PIC but I'm out of practice.. My programmer has lots of dust on it.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I had to look up the 4051..

I'm not sure if I got this...

So a 8 to 1 analog demux creates a single Vref from one of eight Vref's. The window comparator uses the Vref(xof8) to see if there's a match.

My guess is that 8 points are tested along the waveform to check for anything different than expected..

The 4017 acts as a "pass" test point counter.. 8 "passes" and the wave match's. Green light.. Any failed points and the counter is reset. No green light..

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I don't know why I though this was going to be a SPAM ad for tampons.

Reply to
Rev. 11D Meow!

Eight different static voltages - presumably set up by eight 19mm 15- turn trimming potentiometers - selected one after the other by the

4051.

If you got for one of the 19mm potentiometers that has a transparent top, the positions of the wipers will provide the visual equivalent of a coarse scope display. Farnell stocks the Bourns 3006P-7 (the order code for the 10k version is 935-2295 and they cost about $2 each in small quantities).

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Yes, perhaps with a bit of smoothing.

Actually that active sense is mismatch but I'm sure youve got it.

Yes it would test for distortion and if the PLL isn't locked, it would also give an indication.

Its 10 passes, not 8 but other than that spot on.

Reply to
MooseFET

Ok then,, Do as I did once, pass the signal through Flip Flop to get a clean square wave. Use this signal to synchronize a 555 one shot timer. Use the ending cycle along with the in coming square wave to drive a gate which will give you a +/- pulse to make adjustments. Of course, this could be done very simply in a PIC/AVR mini also.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

I thought they were last millennium?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Heck, use a small 32-bit ARM. PICs and AVRs are so last century.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

No, No, No. A 4004, a PIC is to complex / powerful for that task.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

4004??? Intel's first MPU from 1971 with a clock of 108khz?? Ha ha ....funny.... :P

I've come up with a new design with 2 D FF's and 2 op amps. It'll be a 2 IC project. I might squish it down to a PIC someday.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Get someone to make you a chip with two op-amps and two flip-flops.

Reply to
MooseFET