An old timey radio

That is the transmitter set..what about the receiver set?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thermite ?. Now i'm getting a bit worried. Did you have a previous life as a safecracker :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

arn6 rings a bell and I may have had one of those myself. Wasn't that the vhf glide slope rx with b7g (6ak5 etc) valves and crystal control ?. Black crackle paint and the same external format as the command receivers ?.

Long gone, but it would be good to get one of those running now, just for the aroma of valve electronics and warmed up components :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

Not me. But I did have a friend who was an expert safecracker (~35 years ago, I'm sure he's dead now). Many bank jobs. But he got parole in exchange for instructing banks and the FBI on how it was done. He had a janitorial business after that. When I was working late at night in ICE's lab he approached me with his ideas and indicated a need for engineering help. We went into business together making motion detectors :-) ...Jim Thompson

LW/BCB, 12SN7 and tunable.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Thermite is used by the military to destroy abandonded equipment. Set off a thermite grenade on the top of an engine, and it will burn all the way through the oil pan. It leaves it beyond repair.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Before burning through the oil pan, it does the engine a little damage too ;)

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Only if you consider a 3" hole from the top of the engine and out through the oil pan as damage.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What, a little loss of compression gonna kill ya? ;-)

Reply to
krw

life

all

damage too ;)

And possibly a main bearing (and supporting material) or two.

Reply to
josephkk

;)

No, but cutting the crankshaft in half does.