More than 100 cool 555 projects!

The entries for the 555 contest have been narrowed for the final judging:

Some very unusual applications, e.g. a 80m radio receiver, a decimal adding machine, a HF spectrum analyzer, a pinball machine and lots of other impressive and artful projects, all with one or many more 555s as the main component. I guess you won't find most of the projects in the textbooks :-)

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
piano and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss

My intial reaction was "Bach ???". Then I read the caption.

Now let's see you harmonize a second part ...

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Any more than you will find text-books on building models of the Eiffel Tower out of matchsticks.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You are right, sounds a bit like a prelude from Bach.

That is far beyond my capabilites. I was happy when I could play it at least after some hours. Maybe the time needed to play a piece is inversely proportional to how much you like it, for other pieces I need days or weeks. Doesn't work for Rachmaninoff :-)

But I could try to add some chords, if I manage to understand more of the MOD tracker program.

--
Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
piano and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss
Reply to
Frank Buss

That should keep Sloman busy for a decade, if he lives that long.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

And drive Larkin nuts trying to understand how they work :-) ...Jim Thompson

You imply that Slowman would actually *do* something. ...well, other than drone on about AGW or American politics (neither of which should interest him).

Reply to
krw

g:

That sentence could be interpreted as indicating that Michael Terrell thinks that I might occupy my time by building some of these projects. Not even Mike Terrell could be that silly, so he presumably means that I ought to keep myself busy proving that every last 555 in every one of these projects ought to be replaced by something better, which might be a socially useful exercise, if anybody who thought differently were likely to be persuaded by rational argument.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ng:

han

krw is too dim to understand anything I post on any other subject than AGW or American politics.

My contribution to the thread "OT: Surprise! Radiation is _good_ for you!" don't have anything to do with AGW or American politics - useless you count showing up Anne Coulter as one more celebrity reporter who doesn't have a clue about science as "meddling in American politics".

John Larkin actually found the Wiikpedia link

that Anne Coulter should have been able to find, but he failed to notice that it gave two references to the Co-60 contaminated appartment block in Taiwan, the first of which was cited by Anne Coulter, while the second basically showed that the first report was totally incompetent.

Thanks to Joe Legris, we can go directly to the second report

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

No. He now has another 100 lame, anti-555 threas to start. That's all he ever *does*.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Do you really think Sloman could get anything to work?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ging:

as

he

Of course he wouldn't think that. Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality- Thompson would get that wrong too.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ging:

as

he

than

st

's

All that Mike Terrell is capable of perceiving.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman