An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power (2017)- Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures

Sorry, I don't do fear.

Nature had practically sequestered all the CO2 from the atmosphere, to the point of starving plants. Restoring some of it moves us a bit back to where the world used to be during most of life's evolution.

Note the correlation between CO2 and temperature.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

being much larger:

tmosphere as possible, wait awhile and see what happens, then if things are bad say "oops, guess we shouldn't have did that"?

We won't have the nexst ice age until all the human-generated CO2 (and a bi t more besides) has been dragged out of the atmosphere by rock-weathering a nd photosynthesis. This will take a while.

redicted by the amount of fossil fuels burned, since it is known how much i s being extracted and burned. Even the carbon isotope in CO2 points to it being from fossil origin, etc, etc. I mean really, what proof do you need.

So is the average surface temperature across the globe.

cendants. Human activity has in general not been all that good for other l ife and processes on Earth. To think we're somehow improving what nature h as already set up is arrogant.

Sure they can. Not all that precisely but quite precisely enough to demonst rate that adding even more CO2 to the atmosphere isn't a good idea.

So produce them. And try not get your examples from denialist web-sites - t hey cheat in ways that you seem to be too dumb to notice, but we aren't.

I must say that anybody dumb enough to try to produce a ten year climate pr ediction in 1967 would have been very likely to get it wrong. This was a su per-computer back in 1967, with 65k of 60-bit words of memory, and a 40MHz processor.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

appen should be secondary. The primary concern is we are changing the mech anism which regulates the Earth's temperature, rapidly at that, and that fa ct alone should concern you!

That makes your foohardy. You don't seem to do comprehension either.

at concern you? At best, humanity is venturing in uncharted territory that has no reverse gear.

aw=1

Why? CO2 levels aren't the only mechanism that changes the surface temperat ure of the planet. The Sun has got 30% bigger over the period of the graph, which means that 30% more solar radiation his the earth now than it did a few billion years ago.

As has been mentioned before, correlation does not imply causation.

And as I keep on reminidng you, we evolved entirely during the recent perio d (last few million years) when CO2 levels and temperature were low.

Pretty much all the animals and plants that did so well during most of life 's evolution are now extinct, replaced by creatures better adapted to curre nt conditions. Evolution doesn't have a reset button. If we change the envi ronment, everything that isn't well-adapted to the new environment will die off and be replaced by rather different organisms which won't - intially - be all that well adapted to the new conditions, but still better adapted t han the organisms that died off.

Big, slow-breeding animals like us don't do well. There's a suspicion that we evolved culture and language so that we could adapt to the frequent swit ches between ice age and inter-glacials by changing our behaviur rather tha n our genes, but what we seem to have set in train is going to be an unusua lly warm spell, and our capacity to adapt to that hasn't yet been tested.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So just go plant some trees! But no, that's not good enough for these Greenies; they want to screw us with higher taxes instead. Bastards.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

When you get right down to it, government is all about graft. The Mafia were more gracious about it ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

There's essentially *zero* difference between the Clintons and the Mob. In fact the number of innocent people Hillary has had whacked in the course of her nefarious dealings may well exceed the number accounted for by the average 'made man' in the New York or Chicago outfits.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You're being totally unfair to the mob. At least they have a code of honor.

Reply to
krw

First find another planet to plant them on, or drain the Pacific.

It's a nice idea but we've burned a lot of fossil carbon and turned it into CO2, of which half is in the atmosphere and the other half in the oceans ( waiting to come out again when we warm them up a bit more). It's not "some" tree, but a lot more trees than we have got room for.

I think George Monbiot's "Heat" ran the numbers back in 2006.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

The US government does seem to be all about graft. Countries with better constitutions and better electoral systems aren't as bad.

Cursitor Doom and Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson may even believe that we've got enough land to plant enough trees to make any difference. Pity about that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to