High power low noise variable bench supply the easy way

High power low noise variable bench supply the easy way

When you land on that alien planet, and escape your abductors, then you need to IMPROVISE.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On a sunny day (Wed, 16 Dec 2015 11:07:48 -0500) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

You got it man!

I was sinking baut this, it seems if yer mama has an induction cooking machine, and you an eepod or something, then as every electronics minded lifeform always carries some diodes, and some capacitors, and a magnet of course to activate the iron detector in that cook er then you can charge your pod and send a message to yer planet .

NASA can detect an eepod on one of our planets I'm sure.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Remember how the voltage was regulated in the Cray-1 CPU? A variable speed motor driving a generator.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Right, nothing says low noise like pulling power from a big energized open air inductor.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

On a sunny day (Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:30:33 -0500) it happened "Tom Del Rosso" wrote in :

In the old film audio synchronisation (voice over) studio where I worked the 'magnetocord' (= perfo-tape, audio tape with holes in it like film), moters were together with the film projectors run from a DC to 50 Hz net generated by a field coil from a motor / generator combination that was slowly stopped.. To keep the audio in sync you know. There were more relais in that building than people that is for sure..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:46:10 -0800) it happened Kevin McMurtrie wrote in :

There is an exponential curve .. Anyways, I was wearing a radio watch, quite expensive, it can sync to that long wave radio transmitter in Germany. Was a bit worried if it still worked. It does. Has this little ferrite rod tuned to DCF77

DCF77 is at 77.5 kHz, this heater operates as about 100 kHz (lower on heavy load). Watch seems to have good selectivity, good design Casio!

Although DCF77 transmits at 50 kW it does not really interfere with a lot of things...

I am using google ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje