almost useful thermal note

Just got this in an email from Diodes. They don't show the shape of the copper pour.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

mandag den 22. juni 2020 kl. 21.12.28 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

the link just goes to a sign in page ..

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Oh, sorry, it must have been customized for me. I wish people wouldn't do that.

Does that work? As I said, it's almost useful.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yep.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

mandag den 22. juni 2020 kl. 23.35.04 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

they want to know that sending you mails work you followed the link ;)

though if they were smart I think they should figure out how to show the right page and note that you shared it

yes that works

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 6:01:29 PM UTC-4, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wr ote:

Barely. The PDF file is viewed through an image viewer that provides PNG f iles of each page separately. If I want to view the page without controls over top of it I have to download it. Why do people use dropbox instead of just uploading it to their own web site? What good is dropbox? Do people not have web sites these days?

Instead of posting here which will accomplish little, why not write the com pany and ask for more details on the layout of the board? I'm sure they wi ll provide Gerber files if asked.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

That was the most meaningless 5 page document ever. Wow, PCIe exists, thanks for the tip, maker of diodes.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

The actual app note is a comparison of DFN vs proprietary 'powerDI' semiconductor packaging.

The powerDI packaging with lower pin count has better commercial viability, as they ~ mimic other eneric types;

powerDI5 - TO277 / SOT1289 powerDI123 - SOD123H powerDI323 - SOS323F / SC108A powerDI5060 - MO240A with various commercial names 5DFN, Power56, Powerpak-SO8,

Diodes Inc, however serious they're trying to be, can't decide whether powerDI5060-8 has one or two body tabs.

RL

Reply to
legg

I like how of all the companies that go through a "useless" rebranding, Diodes Inc. just won't let go of the most obsolete name ever.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader