AHA: Newton Fit in a Subcircuit

Re: DIAC Spice Modeling

I was somewhat annoyed that my approximate solution to a transcendental equation either missed VF by about a volt or IP by

+50%.

So I mused, can I implement a Newton-Raphson solver in a subcircuit.

Yep. Here's how it's done...

The calculation of the parameters is implemented BEFORE simulation begins, thus the time penalty is nil (parameters are stationary during simulation). ...Jim Thompson

Cool! Except error connection refused on the link.

Also, yo mama's so fat even Newton couldn't fit her in a subcircuit!

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Server is in Connecticut... maybe the snow got the.

Huh? Is that a slur? ...Jim Thompson

It's back on-line now. ...Jim Thompson

The younger generation grew up absorbing a large oral history of "yo mama" jokes. Just trying to make my contribution... ; )

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

"Yo' Momma jokes are, like, so old and stale and boring...just like yo' Momma." "Damn you and your free-form 'yo Momma joke."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(I heard a lot of those, raising children in the NYC 'burbs. The best one was, "Yo' Momma's so fat it takes you three trains and a bus to get on her good side.")

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

basically sums it up.

"Ya mama so fat..." "How fat is she?" "She can get busy with 22 burritos when times are rough. I seen her in the back of Taco Bell with handcuffs."

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Re: DIAC Spice Modeling

MyDIAC.zip, on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website, has now been updated to include the Newton Solver in the DIAC model library. ...Jim Thompson

Yes. It is annoying that typical parameters make any cunning approximations for a decent closed form solution more or less impossible.

Your simple starting guess is ingenious since the higher order terms would make it worse!

Cunning and elegant!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown