Aha!

Six million LEDs...

Jan Panteltje

The aha here is that Jan is dumb.

2 M LEDs (3 x 2 Million for each RGB "pixel")

So NOT 6 million pixels. ONLY 2 Million. 6 million LEDs to make 2 million tri-packs for each "pixel".

I'm sure the hard part was making LEDs with suitable and controllable variable brightness.

IBM made an 11 Million pixel active matrix, individually fiber coupled OLED display over 5 years ago.

Once they get and LED that doesn't appreciably age, they will get up to speed. OLED ages.

This Sony thing isn't OLED, but it isn't high resolution either.

"HD" was/is HD for TV, but before these LCD displays, CRTs had far higher resolutions being made (still do).

My current CRT is a Viewsonic 19" and is high res and fast clock. That's 1792x1344 for 2.48 Million pixels. Very nice.

My current LCD display is a Samsung SyncMaster 2343bwx that has a native array of 2048 x 1152. That's 2.36 M.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

What the hell is wrong with you? Jan said "six million LEDs." The Sony page says 2 million pixels, 3 LEDs per pixel, 6 million LEDs total.

You are wrong even when you don't have to be.

John

I didn't say he was wrong, you retarded f*ck. I said he was/is dumb.

So are you to read your pathetic stupidity into what was said.

Had you any brains, you would have noted the case I gave of a far more advanced system.

You know... the part you conveniently snipped.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

Well, you know how to tell when AlwaysWrong is wrong, don't you? (When he posts something)

Reply to
John S