ADF4360's PLL/VCOs are rather power hungry

Analog Devices has some nice integrated PLL/VCOs (e.g.,

but they're rather power hungry... pushing 100mW while active! Anyone know of a roughly comparable IC that's a little more frugal?

I am aware of the Silicon Labs Si4133, which is noticeably better at around

60mW, but only has a +/-5% tuning range whereas I need the larger +/-10% tuning range of the ADFs. I'm also after 3.3v operation, frequencies in the ballpark of 300-500MHz.

Thanks, and merry Christmas!

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

EM Research does some nice low cost, low phasenoise frequency synthesizers if you don't want to waste time rolling your own.

maxfoo