backlight LED display rather hot...

5 V +ve and gnd are connected to the computer power supply. backlight LED display rather hot...higher than I read from the spec.

please comment.

Reply to
Mylinux

IT needs some kind of current limiting. Read the data sheet.

Reply to
The real Andy

If you can't stand the heat ...

--
Mike Page BEng(Hons) MIEE           www.eclectic-web.co.uk
Reply to

I added LED display ( backlight) for my linux box and wrote up the internal status for that. It is getting hot over a period of time. I let it on the whole nite. it looks fine. NO burn up.

Reply to
Mylinux

The backlit LCDs I have used needed a current limiter to be added. Usually a resistor in series with the power supply is sufficient. Regards, JC

Myl> 5 V +ve and gnd are connected to the computer power supply.

Reply to
Joseph Casey

Try this:

HTH,

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

"Mylinux" schreef in bericht news:bl8ve4$ snipped-for-privacy@imsp212.netvigator.com...

Hy,

for my 40 X 2 LCD backlight i connect a 4R7 / 5W resistor in series to limit the current!

JK

Reply to
J.K.

"Mylinux" schreef in bericht news:bl8ve4$ snipped-for-privacy@imsp212.netvigator.com...

Use 5,6 ohm resistor if 16x2

Reply to
Harrie Geerts

The following page details the calculation

?458.htm

Reply to
DJ