Adding a 6v boost to a 12v battery charger

--
Obviously not being a designer, it seems you think that product "B" can
be modified by looking at documentation from product "A" without regard

Such is not the case and, as a designer, I would expect my employer to
supply me with documentation sufficient to accomplish the task at hand
or request that I reverse engineer the product in order to generate the
needed documentation.
Reply to
John Fields

So, you're not trying to be a smart-ass, huh?

Thanks for playing.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

--
Figgered...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

e:

is

for

.

So John...if you are a designer...and I do emphasize IF...your behavior here indicates that you are not a team player you could be.

I have supplied you and others with sufficient info to determine a design opinion.

Others have been able to supply information (which I do appreciate) while you seem to be unable to.

I have also posted this same question elsewhere..and again no one else is complaining like you are.

While I thank you for what positive comments you have offered, you may want to reflect on why you alone seem to have a continuing problem with a simple design consultation.

Good luck with your career and have a nice and productive day.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

--
You mean you dislike the fact that I criticized your attitude?

As far as I\'m concerned you _are_ a smartass and you also seem to be a
troll trying to foment discord with your entry level slurs.

And, yes, I\'m not a team player; I run a solo act.
Reply to
John Fields

te:

rote:

ve is

can

gard

and

the

ble for

ed

ied.

so

lf,

Thanks again for confirming my assessment of your capabilities. ;

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Reply to
John Fields

Probably upstream's easier--anything downstream will have to handle

300A. (That transformer's a beast.)

From the wiring diagram you posted later in this thread, the circuit is just a transformer driving a half-wave rectifier, piped straight to the battery. The charger's power-selection switches choose one of several primary taps, varying the output voltage. Four paralleled secondary windings drive two heat-sink-mounted power rectifiers. That' s it.

So, for 6v, run it off a 2kW step-down transformer.

What are the voltage outputs on the various power settings?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

If it has two or more parallelled primary windings put them in series to reduce the output voltage by half. Though looking at that circuit diagram, its not clear if thats the case.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Not the case. The print's fuzzy, but there aren't enough switches & jumpers in the diagram to handle two primaries with two taps (four total leads) each.

I asked about the voltages 'cause, at a minimum, you'd want to set it on the lowest voltage.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Agreed.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Use it to charge two 6 volt batteries in series?

Reply to
Bob Monsen