A glass of water

I'm really thirsty but I don't want to buy some water. I just created a universe but all I have is a lot of hydrogen and helium. How can I get the oxygen ?? I really don't want to walk to the kitchen and use the faucet.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

You have a bit of obsessive compulsive going on there

Reply to
David Eather

You need a few stars. Even low mass stars will eventually synthesise oxygen (by nuclear fusion) but it takes a while, but in a metal-free universe you can have really big stars that will synthesise everything in a few million years then spread the atoms around in a truly spectacular super-nova.

You can probably make it to the kitchen and back while they are getting on with it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Oh, come on. You're hanging out in sci.e.design, and you don't know how to fuse hydrogen to helium, to carbon, to oxygen?

It does sound like you know how to light a match, so at least that part's covered.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sorry, only one troll at a time. Please repost this next week,

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Hmph, fine then.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

So where did the faucet and kitchen come from then?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Murphy's law would suggest that he will only wind up with these stars, though:

It may require two trips to the kitchen and back.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

They won't help anyhow. First he'll need a water meter :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Just stay where you are and yell "Honey, get me a beer."

John

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." --- Carl Sagan

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Which came first, the kitchen or the faucet?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise