A few Questions about Obtaining Design Help.

Word order sometimes matters a lot in English. There is a rather significant difference between a house cat and a cat house, eh?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

You are _supposed_ to be put in jail for breaking even bad laws. It's called "Justice".

--
Keith
Reply to

The wonderful thing about the USA is that only a tiny fraction of the laws are enforced. If they all were, the place would screech to a halt.

John

Isn't the problem then selective prosecution? In orther words, if they want to get you, they will find a way. You can end up with some pretty spectacular miscarriages of justice.

(Not that the UK is any different).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

No you're supposet to walk, it's called "Jury Annulment".

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Ah, another weenie "not responsible" for his actions.

Reply to
krw

Oh, criminal laws should be enforced, and usually are. But most laws are silly piddling regulations, with modest civil penalties, and erratic enforcement of them is just a nuisance.

In theory, I can't replace a faucet or install a dimmer without a permit and an inspection. But I do. I'm not allowed to leave the garbage and recycling cans out in sight more than 8 hours after they are emptied, even if I'm still at work. Confession: I often do.

Things like that. If we were to comply with all the city, state, and federal regulations, I'd have to add five lawyers to the staff just to figure out what they are.

My wife works in a hospital. The feds insist on plastic trashcan liner bags, and the state forbids them. So, depending on which inspectors are coming, they adjust.

John

Bumper sticker:

QUESTION AUTHORITY

Better bumper sticker:

IGNORE AUTHORITY

John

Oldest son, when he was in about second grade in school...

Chastised by teacher, that he needs to respect authority.

Responds, "My parents taught me to question authority" ;-)

(Just about thru with my first pint of Barium Sulfate... if I can manage to keep it down ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

Our latest is a law going in effect January 1 saying your personalized license plate frame can't obscure the word "Arizona" at the top of the plate... $130 fine.

Of course my "MIT Alumni" frame does. The law, however, says nothing about obscuring "Grand Canyon State" at the bottom, so I'm simply going to slide the plate down ;-)

A quick unofficial survey in the mall parking lot has 97.5% in violation.

Same here, just installed a GCFI outlet on the patio for the wife's food warmer.

I often leave them out for a day or two ;-)

Figures :-(

...Jim Thompson

Getting scoped? I did that once. The stuff is repulsive.

John

I feel for you. I really do. Drinking the Barium Sulfate is bad enough, but what they do to you afterwards... Let's just say that when I spend several hundred dollars to take my clothes off in front of two beautiful Asian women, I expect to have a better time than I had that day! :(

Reply to
Guy Macon

In article , snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com says...>

Weenie state/local - support your local unions - crap.

More support your local unions (Bar) - crap.

A friend owned a restaurant. The county wanted trash can lids in the kitchens. The state forbade them (the state was right, BTW), so he always got dinged whenever the locals showed up for surprise inspections. He complained. Tough beans, so he accepted that as his "must get dinged to justify inspector's existence".

Reply to
krw

I heard you enjoyed it so much you lit up a cigarette afterwards.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yep. Burp :-(

Trying to find source of pain, originally diagnosed as prostatitis.

...Jim Thompson

And then your "pride" shrivels up ;-)

...Jim Thompson

In article , To-Email- snipped-for-privacy@My-Web-Site.com says...>

Why do they keep examination rooms so cold?

Reply to
krw

Maybe to aid the "shrivel" ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

All my doctors lately seem to be cute Chinese women. But they only charge me $5 a visit.

John

LOL!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to