8051 Developers Kit

For all Engineers

8051 Developers Kit

Please go to this link

mohammedzaki2005

snip

Until you learn how to take and post a properly focused pic, I'd say f*ck off, zakiBoy.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Nice try but:

What the heck is a *.mht file?

It looks like it uses a windowed EPROM version not an program in place one.

"We are made Pcb Design, Boards and prototypes for you where ever you are Just Contact Us" is extremely bad english.

I can almost steal your design by looking at the picture. Please post a clearer one so that I can start making them too. :)

Reply to
MooseFET

Micros**t HTML, which combines images and text into one file.

Probably an Atmel AT89Sxxx. Looks like it requires your development computer to have a serial port.

How's your Arabic? Presntation aside, there's sure not enough information there to encourage anyone to contact the OP with a serious requirement.

That kind of kit is best supplied out of South China.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Where is "315 EGP" from ??

Do I want to send money there ??

donald

Reply to
Donald

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

...and isn't supported by Gecko. (Some find that to be a big flaw.)

Reply to
JeffM

Oh so its like a text version of the the standard MS *.VIM (Virus Install method) files.

That isn't such a bad way to go. RS232 debugging stuff can easily be on the far side of an optical isolator.

It looks sort of like a hobbiest trying to turn the hobby into a business. As such, I guess it isn't too bad of an idea.

Guangzhou has fairly good German style beer too.

Reply to
MooseFET

Where did you get the board? From a museum? Come on, 8051 is ancient. Move on to ARM or something like that. An NXP LPC2103 is probably cheaper and more powerfull than the pre stone age Atmel on your board.

By the way, I really like the slogan 'The price is.. surprise'. I'll forward it to the sales department tomorow.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I suppose EGypt Pounds. Makes sens with the name 'Mohammed'. Chinese like to assume western names.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Whew, I gotta get a new pair of glasses - can't see a thing. Maybe I need my wife to clean them. Whoa, wait a minute now, I can see this text just fine.

Reply to
Winfield

Which brand do you like?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany

It is a world wide standard. There are many makers, it has a much nicer instruction set than the silly old PICs. You can get a nice macro assembler for it so what else would anyone want?

Nobody should be allowed to call themselves a programmer if they don't know the 8051s instruction set.

Reply to
MooseFET

Don't really need a developer's kit for it either, however, but yes, it is still in very wide use, and quite effective for many industrial design applications.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

The same goes for ARM.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

No, 8051s rule!

"reduced instruction set" humbug. If you hadn't made it all big and bloated in teh first place you wouldn't have needed to put it on a diet.

Reply to
MooseFET

This is true.

I bet most people would be surprised where they would find an 8051 device in their every day life.

donald

PS: I am working on a device that uses Silabs 8051 devices, we build

1000 units a week and ship around the world.

PPS: google for AMR

Reply to
Donald

I bet most people would find even more PIC devices in their every-day life. :-)

Programmed in C or assembly?

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

The folks at Silabs have almost made life just a little too easy. Their tools almost work under wine.

It is kind of a shame that their 8051s top out at 100MIPs. I would really like one that did about double that.

Also, IMO they made a mistake in how they did the equates for the SFRs and how the pages counted. They should have made the reset case the

0FFH page and done this:

All the SFRs that appear in all pages have equates that run from 80H to FFH. All the ones that are in only one page have the page number as the upper byte of the equate. There is no page zero so things can't be confused. This way, if you forget an use a register that only appears in one page, you get an error on the number not fitting into a byte.

Reply to
MooseFET

This I am also sure about.

C is the assembly of a new generation.

It uses floating point as well.

don

Reply to
Donald

Good man. If those IC manufacturers insist on giving us, e.g., 32KB of flash ROM for a quarter, one might as well let a C compiler fill it up and save some development time in the process. :-)

Reply to
Joel Kolstad