Subject Author Posted Replies

Has any one tried this..
Making a small hand tool and want to condense part count to min.. I need a +/- 5 volt rail, also I need a fast running +/- square pulse and the inverter section at the collector of Q1 supplies +/- 5...
12
12

Another prototype
I have a customer who asks us to design and deliver timing gadgets, in a day or two, for free. He can't get anything done internally in any useful time. They're good guys and do good stuff, so we try...
94
94

Tell Butterball to Stop Torturing Turkeys
See the video: ...or boycott them.
53
53

US8
Whatever group of criminals invented the US8 package, should have to spend the rest of their lives together in a really, really tiny jail cell. -- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at...
40
40

Tea Party Cuts Cantor a New One
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
25
25

Theoretical Maximum Transistor Switching Speed (based on distances)
Hello, For a while now I've been wondering what the maximum transistor switching speed would be. Today I tried a google but now clear answer came up, so I will try to come up/calculate an answer...
10
10

OT: Gloomy Gus
"Consumers now owe more on their student loans than their credit cards." So, more money is owed on investments for the future rather than for crud bought on short-term high-interest credit? Sounds...
13
13

ADC Front end Filtering
Hello, I was wondering if a low pass filter with a cut off frequency at 1/2 the sampling rate frequency is usually needed for ADCs? I have a 1 milli-ohm shunt, and I would like to read 10uV to 100mV...
10
10

Surface reatment for gluing?
What I have done in the past is to sand the aluminum with medium grit, then treat with acetone. Now, the doubt about sand paper is whether it has oil or grease on it. And the doubt about a solvent is...
15
15

Telephone question
Anyone have a clever solution to this problem... I have a one-line telephone, but two telephone lines in the house. Is there some way, perhaps with relays to recognize which line is ringing and have...
14
14

Prototype PCBs, 10PCS, 10cm x 10cm, 2 layers, solder mask on 2 layers, overlay on both sides for $32.40 shipped by USPS
for prototypes and low volumes Ships by DHL WWW + USPS Use coupon youpcb to get 30% off. e.g. 10 PCS, 10x10cm double side FR4, solder mask on both sides, for $32.40 USD shipped. You can order or get...
2
2

Government Venture Capital: Why not?
Years ago, I was part of a company that eventually raised a large amount of venture capital. So I learned a few things about how VC works, its history, and government influence. A few thoughts:...
2
2

What I learned today
I learned that there are certain materials that when subjected to a changing magnetic field will heat or when the magnetic field is removed they cool. Ge is developing materials to work at...
43
43

Any idea where to find a 'constant' temperature material?
The material is sealed inside something and 'transitions' between physical states. Probably between liquid and solid. A good example is waterice that can 'hold' a temperature at 0C. But the problem is...
40
40

Secret Science Act