Subject Author Posted Replies

Launching a Smart Home Gas/CO Detector, Suggestions Needed
Hi Everyone, As we all know, natural gas leaks can be incredibly dangerous, and our team wants to do something to help prevent natural gas tragedies. I am creating a home-use smart gas and carbon...
35
35

Ahhh....What a day this was.
It all started 3 days ago when I tried to install some digital cable tv boxes myself. I didn't want to but the local cable operators are going to be shutting down all lower vhf channels on august 11...
4
4

high voltage LEDs
I got a bunch of assorted high-voltage white LEDs, from 6 to 23 volts. They are clearly on at 5 uA in room light, plenty bright at 50-100 uA, blinding at 1 mA. They are all pretty good, but the Seoul...
6
6

Source of standoff kits
I'm looking for a source of #4 and #6 threaded standoffs. F-F and M-F types 1/4 inch up to 1-inch lengths. Prefer to get them in kits. Aluminium is OK for the F-F types but really want steel for the...
7
7

OT: Visual memory program
Is there any program that allows one to literally look at any part of memory? Ideally, treat a part as if it was BMP only forward, not backwards as BMP is? Ideas?
51
51

Google Offers a Million Bucks For a Better Inverter
With the Little Box Challenge, Google (and IEEE, and a few other sponsors like Cree and Rohm) is offering a $1 million prize to the team which can "design and build a kW-scale power inverter with the...
302
302

Kim
-- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
3
3

OT: My Culinary Education
With my wife of nearly 55 years in poor health I've taken on some of the cooking duties. Here is my first attempt at Sweet & Sour Pork... It was great ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens...
22
22

Electric "power chair"
Hi, I'm repurposing a rescued "power chair" and would like to remove the batteries (they are heavy and a PITA to keep "up to snuff" for VERY long periods of time). So, I'm looking for a crude 24V DC...
5
5

Poltical Correctness in Science...
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...

inverted retina
Having had a retinal detatchment, now fixed, I wondered why the human retina is built upside-down, with nerves and blood supply on top, and photo sensors below, against the back of the eyeball. I was...
49
49

How do Andoid bubble levels work?
Can some sort of an "edge telescope" be added for more resolution? -- Many thanks, Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss: email:...
13
13

Electronics assembly and zoning
A section of the outskirts of the town I live in is zoned for "Light Industrial" use. However, approximately 75% of this section is also in a "Groundwater/Aquifer Protection Area." The zoning manual...
6
6

How good is peer review really?
This article may help some of you consider the idea more carefully: ?-)
14
14

A serious bargain in boat anchors
I have two mainframes and 15 heads already, or I'd buy it. Cheap to a good home! Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics,...
15
15