Source of standoff kits

I'm looking for a source of #4 and #6 threaded standoffs. F-F and M-F types 1/4 inch up to 1-inch lengths. Prefer to get them in kits. Aluminium is OK for the F-F types but really want steel for the M-F types as they don't break as easily. This is for lab projects, I'm not looking to buy 1000 pcs of each size but maybe 50 to 100 each. Checked Digi-Key, Mouser and McMaster but don't want to pay $1.06 for #4 1/4 x 3/8 steel. Thanks.

Reply to
mickgeyver

ebay.

Reply to
David Eather

How about epoxying a steel stud in an aluminum F-F for your M-F's? Art

Reply to
Artemus

Don't know about kits (I made my own) but Mcmaster-carr has such things, too. They seem to be about half that (still not cheap). Though Digikey looks to be about the same as Mcmaster in 100pc quantities and somewhat cheaper in larger quantities.

Reply to
krw

Decide what type you like, say Keystone. Contact manufacturer directly, and ask for a sample kit. Pay little, or nothing...

Charlie

Reply to
Charles Edmondson

RAF has a sample kit, but the parts are probably not in the qty that one could work with.

Martin Riddle

Ebay

Reply to
Rick

McM-C is nice 'cause they have some odd-ball fractional sizes, which helps sometimes. We also get standoffs in bulk form Alpha Grainger... Maybe the worst website for trying to find something.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold