51,464,450,000,000 Hz Free-Electron Laser is *totally-safe* at intensities required to generate perceptible heat.

On Dec 28, 7:36 am, Greegor wrote in

:

GX > Thanks. How would one design/build a > GX > 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser? I'm > GX > guessing free-electron laser is the best > GX > candidate for this. However, the > GX > bulkiness of the FEL might be an issue > GX > in the applications I described. Right? > > DK > I would give up on the idea of an > DK > obscure purified IR-C source. > DK > > DK > If the application is waste treatment, > DK > then there is no need to avoid > DK > producing radiation other than IR-C. > > GX also said he wanted to PUNISH people > with text comments that are taboo > but it was all completely legal. > > [...] > > GX > My question is, how do I make this > GX > 51,464,450,000,000 Hz laser light > GX > as incoherent as possible? > > Why that exact frequency of laser light, GX? > > Why would you columnate the energy in the first place? > > Why so fussy about incinerating poo or broiling food? > > None of the three uses described need energy > concentrated, do they? > > Tanning beds are on their way out as it was > recently discovered that even occasional and > light use causes serious SKIN CANCER. > > Does that oddly specific frequency avoid the > SKIN CANCER issue or is there some other > advantage to using a laser, Green Xenon? > > What price range did you have in mind?
51,464,450,000,000 Hz is right smack in the middle of the Infrared-C spectrum. Frequencies of EM radiation in the IR-C range have no undesired effects provided they are of the proper intensities for the said applications. Frequencies higher than IR-C have non-thermal effects -- such as aqueous flare and retinal damage -- caused in part by photochemical reactions. Frequencies lower than IR-C can fry internal organs.

As for cancer, no need to worry. Cancer is one of the results of the photochemical reactions caused by UV lights. My hypothetical device only emits IR-C light -- which is cancer-free. IR-C is absorbed by vibrational transitions and causes only a rise in temperature. UV light -- and frequencies higher than UV -- disrupt chemical bonds and definitely do increase the risk of cancer, if not outright causing the cancer. This is at least partially because UV is absorbed by electronic transitions.

On Dec 28, 7:35 pm, Greegor wrote in

:

So you're talking about a tanning bed that doesn't tan?

Yes. It's meant to warm the user as if he/she is basking on the beach on a summer day -- without the effects of EM radiation outside of the IR-C spectrum.

Would the IR result in vitamin D production?

No.

To combat seasonal affected disorder?

I doubt it. Seasonal Affective Disorder requires the use of visible light -- not IR -- as part of the treatment.

What PRICE do you have in mind?

I don't know.

Are you writing a comic book or science fiction?

Neither.

Reply to
GreenXenon

Did you read the other poster's information that this frequency you chose does actually have some nasty side effects?

You asked them for citations. Do you have some citations for your assertions?

Reply to
Greegor

CAN YOU TELL US WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LIVING IF ANYTHING

Reply to
Grumpy

He gets SSI because he's got Aspergers.

Have you read his manifesto?

Reply to
Greegor

He gets SSI because he's got Aspergers.

Have you read his manifesto?

Hmm mm Very interesting

Reply to
Grumpy

I think Green Xenon is just another one of Archie's personas.

Reply to
Greegor

..

:

Where did you acknowledge that this subject title is wrong?

Reply to
Greegor

Sorry. I didn't. When I posted this message I wasn't aware that

51,464,450,000,000 Hz EM radiation has harmful affects at the intensity required to generate perceptible heat. That was until another posted gave me information of the damage it could cause to the nervous system.
Reply to
GreenXenon