Still obsessed with hypothetical IR-C light device.

Hi:

I'm currently thinking of a hypothetical device that emits a spectrum of EM radiation with a maximum wavelength of 100,000 nm and a minimum wavelength of 3,000 nm. This is known as the Infrared-C -- or IRC -- spectrum. The intensities [i.e. photons-per-second-per-square-meter] of light emitted are equal throughout the spectrum, no one wavelength is of greater or less intensity than another. This hypothetical device does not emit any wavelength of EM radiation out side of the IRC range. In addition, the emission of the IR-C light is constant, non- flickering and non-pulsatile. The shape of the panel emitting this radiation is square or rectangular depending on the application. In any case, the panel faces downward from the ceiling -- or other "top"

-- of an enclosure and emits the IR-C light *downwards* only. The IR-C light emitted is *incoherent*. Equally important is that the source of this light is *not* incandescent to any extent. The generation of this IR-C light is the result of something other than incandescence. By "incandescence", I'm referring to EM radiation being emitted by an object as a result of heat and/or temperature.

Is it physically-possible to construct such a device? If so, does such a device already exist? If it does, where can I find it? If this device is not possible, then what is the closest possible device to the hypothetical one I'm describing?

I=92m thinking of three applications for this theoretical device. Depending on the intensity, this IR-C could be used simulate a sunbathe, to carbonize human feces [in a septic tank], or to broil food.

In the case of the 'sunbathe', the maximum intensity of the IRC light should result in the maximum temperature one can experience without any discomfort or injury to any extent. This IRC light makes you feel like you're basking on the beach when the sun as at its highest point [~ 12:00 pm usually].

For the broiler and waste management [of human excrement], the max. intensity should result in a temperature that=92s just high-enough to reach the smoking point [carbonization temperature] of the organic material with the highest smoking point. Substances with carbon and hydrogen will emit smoke when heated to the smoking point. Different organic substances have different smoking points. Many foods taste better with a little bit of smoke. I like my cookies slightly burnt.

For basking, this panel should be on the ceiling of the room it is in and emit downwards to the person inside the room, to give the actual feel of sunbathing. I=92m relaxed just thinking about this basking room.

For broiling, obviously, the cooking is from the top. Same for carbonizing human digestive waste. The burning is done from the top.

In addition, for broiling food and managing human colon waste, all oxygen in the broiler [or septic tank in the case of the latter] is removed to aid in the smoking/carbonization process. Following this, the broiler/septic-system is sealed for air-tightness and the lRC- emitting panel does its work.

Unlike for broiling food [where only top of the product is carbonized], the septic tank completely carbonizes all the organic compounds in the feces throughout. Again the IR-C panel is on the top of the septic tank and when the tank is full, the tank has all it=92s oxygen removed, the tank is then sealed [for air-tightness], and the IR-C panel turns on to max intensity convert the waste into smoke and carbon. The septic tank is kept closed and sealed until what used to be crap [literally] cools down to a temperature safe for human handling.

Why IRC?

At frequencies lower than IR-C, the radiation starts to resemble RF which can heat internal body tissues to unhealthy -- and potentially hazardous =96 temperatures, at the intensities required to generate perceptible heat in the skin.

At frequencies higher than IR-C, there are also unhealthy effects. For example, IR-B can cause aqueous flare in the eyes. IR-A can damage the retina similar to wavelengths of visible light at the high intensities needed for perceptibly heating the skin.

Thanks,

Green Xenon

Reply to
GreenXenon

T-rays

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

ARE YOU THE ONE THAT BEEN TERRORIZING AIRCRAFT WITH GREEN LASERS ???

[...]

I?m thinking of three applications for this theoretical device. Depending on the intensity, this IR-C could be used simulate a sunbathe, to carbonize human feces [in a septic tank], or to broil food.

In the case of the 'sunbathe', the maximum intensity of the IRC light should result in the maximum temperature one can experience without any discomfort or injury to any extent. This IRC light makes you feel like you're basking on the beach when the sun as at its highest point [~ 12:00 pm usually].

For the broiler and waste management [of human excrement], the max. intensity should result in a temperature that?s just high-enough to reach the smoking point [carbonization temperature] of the organic material with the highest smoking point. Substances with carbon and hydrogen will emit smoke when heated to the smoking point. Different organic substances have different smoking points. Many foods taste better with a little bit of smoke. I like my cookies slightly burnt.

For basking, this panel should be on the ceiling of the room it is in and emit downwards to the person inside the room, to give the actual feel of sunbathing. I?m relaxed just thinking about this basking room.

For broiling, obviously, the cooking is from the top. Same for carbonizing human digestive waste. The burning is done from the top.

In addition, for broiling food and managing human colon waste, all oxygen in the broiler [or septic tank in the case of the latter] is removed to aid in the smoking/carbonization process. Following this, the broiler/septic-system is sealed for air-tightness and the lRC- emitting panel does its work.

Unlike for broiling food [where only top of the product is carbonized], the septic tank completely carbonizes all the organic compounds in the feces throughout. Again the IR-C panel is on the top of the septic tank and when the tank is full, the tank has all it?s oxygen removed, the tank is then sealed [for air-tightness], and the IR-C panel turns on to max intensity convert the waste into smoke and carbon. The septic tank is kept closed and sealed until what used to be crap [literally] cools down to a temperature safe for human handling.

Why IRC?

At frequencies lower than IR-C, the radiation starts to resemble RF which can heat internal body tissues to unhealthy -- and potentially hazardous ? temperatures, at the intensities required to generate perceptible heat in the skin.

At frequencies higher than IR-C, there are also unhealthy effects. For example, IR-B can cause aqueous flare in the eyes. IR-A can damage the retina similar to wavelengths of visible light at the high intensities needed for perceptibly heating the skin.

Thanks,

Green Xenon

Reply to
Grumpy