50Vdc - 300Vdc to 15Vdc

In article , wrote: [....]

I'd thought of it as breaking up the voltage drop into several or many steps.

800W is not merely twice as hard as 200W. At 200W you don't have to worry so much about heating the room up.
kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , wrote: [....]

Why don't you just go buy a 15V power supply that plugs in the wall? It is likely to be the least costly option.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

vasile ha escrito:

Hi, thanks for your answer and your nice explanation, so is this correct?

if is that correct my "problem" is resolved, i said problem with quotation marks, because my problem was just with the meaning of ground, and another thing i suppose that no but i preffer to ask, when the 300v power supply varies, are there problems with the 15V?

For the transformer specification(1000v dielectric isolation) do i need a special transformer or just the typical transformer has that characteristic?, with typical i mean the transformer that you buy when you go to the shop and you say a 220v-25v transformer. I said the 7815 just reffering to a linear regulator, if i need 1Amp, i will put the heatsink. Thanks again for your answer.

Ken Smith ha escrito:

Thanks for your answer. My problem is not getting the 15V, the problem is if the 15v that i get with a power supply are also 15V reference to the ground of the 300V power supply.

Reply to
overcalendo

jasen ha escrito:

Hi, thanks for your answer, finally i will use the transformer is easier, i will reffer the 15V ground to the 300V ground and that's all, my problem was, that i wasn't very sure if i could do that, and yes, the dc dc converter is more fun, and that's because i initially post here asking about a dc dc converter, and finally thanks for your answer.

Reply to
overcalendo

vasile ha escrito:

Hi, thanks for your answer and your nice explanation, so is this correct?

, if is that correct my "problem" is resolved, i said problem with quotation marks, because my problem was just with the meaning of ground, and another thing i suppose that the answer is no but i preffer to ask, when the 300v power supply varies, are there problems with the 15V?

For the transformer specification(1000v dielectric isolation) do i need a special transformer or just the typical transformer has that characteristic?, with typical i mean the transformer that you buy when you go to the shop and you say a 220v-25v transformer. I said the 7815 just reffering to a linear regulator, if i need 1Amp, i will put the heatsink. Thanks again for your answer.

Ken Smith ha escrito:

Thanks for your answer. My problem is not getting the 15V, the problem is if the 15v that i get with a power supply are also 15V reference to the ground of the 300V power supply.

Reply to
overcalendo

In message , dated Thu, 3 Aug 2006, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Very definitely NOT. You have the 220 V mains connected via the rectifier to the 7815. You have left out the 220 V:15 V transformer!

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I would expect 1000V or more to be typical. You should check.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen