1x2 DVI Splitter

Hello All,

Can you comment on how to realize a 1x2 DVI splitter? Do you know any specific circuits or ICs? If not, can you comment on how to realize this using programmable stuff like FPGA or CPLDs? Any device recommendation for this?

Thanks and Best Regards G=F6khan =D6zcan

Reply to
zorbey

You buy one. The speeds these things work at are not hobbyist friendly. Unless your idea of a hobby is spending 5 times more than what it costs at Radio Shack?

Or look on eBay. There are so many it hurts.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

It's hard. I thought that Intersil had a DVI crosspoint chip that you could use, but it looks like they only have multiplexers. Do have a look at their website though; it wasn't working very well for me because I don't have Flash.

The "brute force" solution is to decode to parallel data and re-encode, i.e. with one DVI receiver chip and two DVI transmitter chips.

I heard a rumour that some FPGAs might have pads able to do TMDS, but I've not seen it myself.

Phil.

Reply to
Phil Endecott

Looking again, I think you could do this with two ISL54101 chips. These are DVI regenerator chips, and they have a mode where the input resistance is doubled, allowing you to parallel two of them.

Phil.

Reply to
Phil Endecott

Thank you for the great hint.

Reply to
zorbey

I would recommend just buying a 2 Port DVI Splitter. I would recommend che cking Part # DVI-SPL-2.

Reply to
johnashdown123