16F628 programming help

I am trying to program a 16F628 for a 3 digit thermometer from the following web site,

The hex file that the author provides on this site will not load into my chip programmer without a Error reading HEX file message. I would e-mail the author of the project but there is no information about who he is on the site. There is no contact info for SIXCA.com anywhere on the site. I am not a programmer so I have no idea how to check the program for errors. Does anyone know of a contact for SIXCA.com or maybe have an idea how to fix the code.

Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
w8tz

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Does the format of the HEX-file corresponds to the format your programmer wants to see? What programmer are you using anyway? Does that programmer understand the last line of the file (;PIC16F628) to be comment? Simply check by removing it. As far as I can see there's nothing wrong with the HEX-file.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

berichtnews: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

You are correct... I removed the ;PIC16F628 from the HEX file and it loaded fine.

Thanks

Reply to
w8tz

berichtnews: snipped-for-privacy@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

You were correct about the last line of the hex file. By removing that line my programmer accepted to file. Now if I could just get the darn thing to work in the circuit....

Reply to
w8tz