Use 16F628 Code on 16F328A

Is it possible to use code written for a 16F628A-20 "as is" to program a 16F628-20 chip?

if not, is there a slight change that can be made to the code to allow this?

The only reference made to the chip number is at the beginning iof the ASM file:

LIST p=P16F628A

#include P16F628A.inc

__CONFIG _CP_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _HS_OSC & _LVP_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _BOREN_OFF

__IDLOCS 0x0001

Does that little _A_ really make a difference? Or is my programmer broken?

Claus Jensen

PS: I can use a Microchip programmer but have no coding skills.

Reply to
cjensen