120 Degree Phase Shift Osc.

t insist

without

Sure you think. You don't know enough to think anything sensible about anthropogenic global warming, so you think that all the denialist propaganda that you gullible brain soaks up is worth retailing.

Since your concept of utility is strictly confined to what makes you feel good about yourself, you know that I'm useless. One wonders who "we" might be in this context? You and the other half of your mutual admiration society, James Arthur?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

't insist

without

It's difficult to find a polite way of telling somebody that he is posting fautous nonsense, and you run the risk that they will miss the point if you are too polite about it.

I'm into communicating reliable information, and you are into feeling good about yourself.

The kind of response that would make you happy would leave me with the unhappy feeling that I'd been flattered, with the corresponding anxiety about what the flatter was really after.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I noticed, but all you're trying to do is diverge the subject, as we all know it started as generating sine waves. We also know why your behavior is as such..

Your back paddling isn't going to redeem yourself..

Sorry, some things just aren't redeemable..

Reply to
Jamie

Oh, it's a battle now.. who make you commander and chief ?

Reply to
Jamie

d:

m...

t I

his

t could

d)..

he

nly

between

ips,

e smart

Sorry about my sig separator--I do it right, but Google trims the whitespace.

-- James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

happenedBillSloman

:

All the uPs that we use have a hardware periodic interrupt facility. It's just a programmable divider off the main clock, or off a lower-frequency clock. On some of the ARMs, one can use a 32KHz crystal for the PITR, which takes very little power. The NXP ARMs have several powerdown modes, including the radical "stop the main clock" option. The PITR counters generally use very little power, which is the whole point.

A major feature of most modern embedded CPUs is low power consumption. So most of them have the tools you need to keep power down, and a primary tool is a SLEEP instruction and interrupts. This is fundamental these days. A PDP-8 couldn't do this.

The 12 ARMs we use on our latest VME module sleep most of the time. They are interrupted by the ADC subsystem, which digitizes two analog inputs, stashes the results in two registers, and interrupts, all in hardware at 100 KHz. The IRQ runs for an average of a bit under 3 microseconds, which is a long time for a 100 MHz, 32-bit RISC machine, but it has a lot of math to do... signal filtering, calibrations, format conversions, a linearity tweak or two, and a compound PID loop. There's also a megabit isolated SPI comm link to the main 13th CPU, and that only uses power when it needs to.

You really don't know anything about this, and we do. So this is dangerous turf for you. If you want to debate and insult, stick to global warming, which neither we nor you know very much about.

Better yet, learn a little modern electronics and say something sensible and on-topic.

John

al

=A0I

There shouldn't be any battle at all--we should be throwing out ideas and building on them.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

e:

CMOS

, I

Hz

/

very

That makes me feel better--at least he's sincere.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

er

real

=A0I

-

not

Hz

/

Hear, Hear! All the snipping sucks!

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Big snip...

New and improved version on abse:

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

If the link doesn't work for you, it's under subject:

120 degree phase shift oscillator (from sed)
--
JF
Reply to

That's what The Brat thought. So she took a couple of courses on search engine optimization and went for it. I just did what I was told, mostly cleaning up content.

John

That's what The Brat thought. So she took a couple of courses on search engine optimization and went for it. I just did what I was told, mostly cleaning up content.

John

Ed,

It looks fine to me, under Firefox, and the kids use me and my PC as a worst-case test. What's your screen resolution? Can you send me a screen capture? I'd appreciate it.

Writing web pages for multiple browsers/os's/screen resolutions/graphics cards is a nightmare.

John

jjlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

My strength is electronic design, which I enjoy doing both alone and with other people. I can't see that you have any useful strengths, and you insult practically everyone.

Enjoy what you have made of yourself.

John

insist

without

It's not admiration, it's respect. For the ability to actually do stuff that works. You wouldn't understand.

John

insist

without

Certainly not about electronics, the topic here. And certainly not about much else.

Hey, guilty as charged. I gave up feeling bad about myself at about the age of 15.

Dang, you are all about ego and vanity and being smarter than everybody else. What irony, a useless git who demands respect for being a useless git.

Electronics is more fun.

John

Oh, he is deadly, truly, nothing-but sincere.

John

Right. Reality has no respect for personalities.

John

esn't insist

an

you without

say

s as

ogle

lly

t.

You do allow your - easily - hurt feelings to colour your perceptions. Your opinion about what information is reliable outside of electronics is pretty much worthless in any event.

A little prematurely, it would seem.

Actually, its only your - somewhat preposterous - ego that comes into it. I am better informed than you (as are many of the peole who post here) but I'm clearly not smarter than everybody else, and your enthusiastic claims that I think I am are equally clearly generated by your distress at being denied the fulsome flattery than you fell that you deserve.

True ...

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

sn't insist

ou without

say

as

gle

ly

.

Having done quite a lot of stuff that works, I do understand that kind of respect. I don't see much evidence of it in your interactions with James Arthur.

-- Bill Sloman,Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman