120 Degree Phase Shift Osc.

"anthropogenic global warming - well-founded scientific hypothesis".

Noun: hypothesis (hypotheses)

  1. A proposal intended to explain certain facts or observations

  1. A tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"

  2. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
Reply to
tm

OS

I already said that entire uC, active, switching, running at full speed, draws ~11mA, which works fine here. That was just an example to show that even a 23-year-old part is good enough. Modern parts draw less.

My first post suggested a PIC. Common PICs draw about 2mA at 20Mhz.

I already gave you the exact part number, 83c751. I'll save you the trouble of looking up the current draw--it's 11mA.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I hate the forced smiles and being asked, Can I help you? I look them in the eye and asked, 'Do I look like I can be helped'? Of course it's more effective with open wounds and a cane. :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe so, maybe so.

Q: Do you think he really doesn't understand all this--e.g. the power draw stuff--or is he just trolling? Sometimes I can't tell.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

A: He really is that clueless.

Reply to
krw

Not true, it does matter to him because he knows he is fighting a losing battle and he's too far down stream to back paddle his way up to save himself.

Reply to
Jamie

You are absolutely hopeless..

I've used a low end Pic to replace an obsolete phasing chip that it's sole purpose was to create 3 phases A,B and C at 60 HZ to drive a SCR pack for a power supply for a Irradiation unit generating 2 Mev. It was a large older style package in a socket. We made a plug in board for that socket and needed components on that board along with the PIC. This also included monitoring power coming in and phase locking with it. This high powered 3 phase supply has been firing the SCR's flawlessly for some time now and it generates clean 60 Hz 120 degree offset sine waves for the rest of the existing circuit..

Be a nice guy and get off your horse, you're not doing it any justice..

Reply to
Jamie

"Pot" is simpler.

John

happenedBillSloman

doesn't i=

can

you wit=

say

delighted

can't

you

Of course it's useful. Use a periodic interrupt to blast through a fast state machine, then go back to sleep. That will save a lot of power, whether the state machine pokes port bits or reloads a PWM channel. I do this stuff all the time, and it works, and people buy it.

What a useless twit you are.

John

He's getting on thin ice here, making substantive and quantitative claims that are clearly amateurish and absurd. He should stick to his specialty, making unverifiable assertions about fuzzy subjects, like climate and economics, and telling us how much smarter he is than we are... again unverifiable.

John

He really doesn't understand it. I can tell.

John

insist

You are rude because it's your fundamental nature to be rude. Mosy of your posts are boasts and insults. I doubt it makes you happy.

John

Not at all. I think. I'm not sure what you do, except that we know it's useless.

John

Shit, that sucks. Very sorry for your loss, Tom.

Reply to
JW

e:

CMOS

, I

Hz

/

very

Sure. John Larkin measures the flattery component in every post that mentions him, and values the post in proportion to the extent that it makes him feel good about himself.

Not a great way to learn about your own strengths and weaknesses, or anybody elses.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

rote:

nedBillSloman

and doesn't i=3D

t out -

e. JA can

-think you wit=3D

hen you say

was delighted

was.

f you can't

esign, you

10Hz

ells."

hat.

"a

about

A at

one at

I don't, while you - on the other hand - are dumb enough to think that you can get away with making this claim.

Any fool - and you'd be the classic example - can call anybody clueless. If you can't justify the claim, you end up looking stupid. Since your performance here has always labelled you as terminally stupid, you may not count tihis as a loss.

=A0I

I think you are generalising from your own behaviour. If you had a bit more sense, you might be aware that elements of reality creep into our discussions from time to time - not that you would seem to be equipped to recognise them.

er stage.

just how

your

ne.

But when they compile stuff to run on an 8051 the code is bloated and runs very slowly.

You wouldn't recognise competence if it punched you on the nose.

Scarcely a credible claim to any kind of expertise - but this is krw and he's no expert.

ble, even

who is

st. =A0Hang

Since krw - later in this post - makes it perfectly clear that he can't understand what he has read, this is distincly ironical.

Find a quote that says that.

=A0The 8051

but I

tainly

been that

So find a quote that says otherwise.

Not so much stupid as ill-informed - quite clever people can still be ill-informed, not that you'd know,

y post.

krw is clueless enough not to realise how comical this claim is when made at this point in the argument.

really

Since that is pretty close to exactly what I'd just said, this illustrates a massive failure in sentence comprehension on your part. You aren't so much stupid as suffering from serious brain damage.

As it happens I'm not, and the fact you are sufficiently brain-damaged to think that you can get away with even making the claim confirms my point.

I know it is only a typo, but some typo's are depressingly ironic.

Farewell krw. You were never up to much, but you've clearly lost most of what little you had.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

rote:

nedBillSloman

So where's the periodic interrupt coming from? If the whole micro is asleep - and James Arthur figures it can do the whole job - it can't be coming from the micro.

You do seem to be emulating krw in your incapacity to get your head around what's being discussed.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

t's

in

So the interesting question are how good are the sine waves that you generate? Are they six, eight, ten or 12-bit approximations? And how much power does the Pic draw when it is generating them.

You don't seem to have noticed that discussion is about the current the micro has to draw to generate good pulse-width-modulated approximation to a sine wave, otherwise you would have told us something about the quality of the apporximation you gnerated, and the current that the Pic drew when it was generating that approximation.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

al

=A0I

Since Jamie doesn't seem to appreciate what the battle is about, his insight is worth about as much as krw's.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

oman

lom=3D

Everybody - except perhaps John Fields - can understand obvious typos.

aics.

o happen to cooling,

Since you don't seem to be equipped to understand more realistic arguments, I can understand why a salesman might treat you as a gullible nitwit. They aren't going to spend the time it would take to educate you up the point where you could understand the scientific evidence that supports the propositions that the rising level of CO2 in the atmosphere is due to humans burning fossil carbon, and that this rising level of CO2 in the atmosphere is raising the surface temperature of the earth.

rlands are not

ive friends are the > ones misguiding them.

Really? I don't like Greenpeace precisely because they use arguments aimed at gullible nitwits, and I've never advised anybody to to put a solar panel on their roof. I rather like the German scheme of covering the Sahara with solar power generating plant and building a really high-voltage DC link to get the power up to Germany, though the solar generating plant they have in mind is thermal solar, rather than photovoltaic panels.

r there?

Certainly not.

Absolutely, but words based on good scientific evidence - where yours are based on self-indulgent ignorance.

e come up

electronics should turn up something useful.

Like I said, you don't know anything about science. Everybody wants a perpetual motion machine, but nobody who knows anything about science is going to waste any time trying to invent one. Your "new form of energy" is not necessarily a perpetual motion machine, but it's the same kind of wishful thinking.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman