1 V oscillator.

Except when it's distributed.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Could you possibly show a worse picture? Jikes.........

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Turns out to be true.

I checked Dutch, which it turns out also spins its cats, and oil is olie. So it almost parallels Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish. Maybe the connecting theme is who conquered who over the centuries.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Old GE transistors didn't need external biasing. They leaked so that small signals could be amplfied without it.

Reply to
LM

And with the variation with temperature you could use the shift in an oscillator frequency as a thermometer.

Reply to
Dennis

Oscillators operating at 1V and lower are basic elements of energy scavenging circuitry.

A new design might use 0Vgs threshold mosfets.

Below 700mV, a hobby circuit might benefit from a manual press- switch to get things started - a manual charge pump. Limited applications there.

Once an oscillation is developed, higher voltages can be generated for conventional cctry to take over, if the source can supply the energy.

Check out ADP5090-91, MAX20361, LTC3107 and LTC3119 to 'start'.

RL

Reply to
legg

I do. Contrary to comments I've seen, this is relevant. I promise to showing the difference between the LTspice model and experiment.

Groetjes Albert

Reply to
albert

The Dutch language is old. We had to read an 8th century poem about Charlemagn.(Karel ende Elegast). It was kind of hard to understand but definitely the same language. Nobody imposed a language upon the inhabitants of now The Netherlands. And to lift all doubt, I'm Dutch.

Reply to
albert

No. All these expressions means approximately the same thing. If make profit early, that means nothing. It is a promise and it is nice, like a cat purring, it buys you nothing.

Thanks. Daniel van der Vat was a writer. He also published several children books under the pseudo Daan Zonderland. Like Alice in Wonderland they are worth reading as an adult. There are little jokes, for those who are acquainted with Christian mythology. The man Pieter commands the heavenly ships that sails the skies where little angles drop rain or snow on our heads. He gets furious if one of the visitors is a rooster...

Groetjes Albert

Reply to
albert

Infrared WWII. I do not rememver hearing any thing about that.

I heard the stories of 14 year old girl snipers who saw better in the dark than the 18 year old or older Germans.

Groetjes Albert

Reply to
albert

Thank you, it is an interesting way of expressing the idea.

Reply to
Liz Tuddenham

Commercial ferrites are mostly sold as mating pairs, with optically flat mating faces.

Gapped cores have the inner face ground back to give a stable and precise gap, and a stable and tolerably precise inductance

The smallest gap listed is 40 micron.

A ring core isn't significantly different from an ungapped core pair.

For the RM8 core the magnetic path length is about 38mm. Even for highest permeability core material - N30 - ue-5700 +/-30% - that equates to 7 micron air gap, and the mating faces come a lot closer than that.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You can get gapped toroids...

...and toroids with 'distributed gaps', ie insulated powder...

<snipped>

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Yes, but these transistors will be very old. Ge transistors can deteriorate over time, increasing leakage for example.

The easiest way to build an oscillator that runs at <1V is to use a small JFET. Of course, then it won't have a genuine 60's feel to it :-)

Reply to
Joerg

Sir Walter Scott, ca 1800, is easy to read. Chaucer, around 1400, is not.

Reply to
john larkin