1% colour codes

I didnt realise that you could get cider in bottles

Wasnt DD a poor excuse for Guiness. But I do remember one Xmas party when I brewed 25gallons of good english beer, but that was before I put new carpets down mainly to cover up the oil stains left after rebuilding a Ducati 750S in my back room. a wonderful machine

That house never really recovered

Sort of On Topic Anyone suggest a DSP kit that takes 24bit/192K audio in. I just need to do L+R to M+S in real time. Its a one off project so I dont want a steep lurning curve

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

Recently I have been using smt resistors with codes on them - how the hell do you figure "768" = 604 ohms, or "010" = 100k.

I made a clip up with some copper pipe hammered to form tweezers, and a plastic clothespeg, and attached leads & banana plugs to it so I can easily measure 0603 Rs and Cs.

OTOH film cannisters are great smt component holders.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

It seems that the 0402 is too small for printing any numbers for value. And i have yet to see chip caps that have any markings. However, 0805 and larger chip resistors have decent markings: 2002 =

200*10^2 ohms 1%, 1R00 = 1 ohm 1%, 1654 = 165*10^4 ohms or 1.65 megs 1%, etc; if only 3 digits then it is 5%. In all cases the multiplier is the last digit.
Reply to
Robert Baer

1%,

What is the failure rate of the assemblies made under your "no-look" quality assurance plan?

Reply to
Richard Henry

You can do a similar DVM jig for leaded resistors by soldering a couple of paper clips to 4mm terminal pins.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

about half of my 0603 R's are so marked. about half have cryptic drivel.

The cap thing is a nuisance, but at least different dielectrics are (usually) different colours.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given