Latest threads in Electronic Componentsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is it possible to determine whether a phone call is local or long distance by analyzing the audio?
I am sure the answer is "it depends", so the better question is: To what extent is this possible? The calls in question were made in the 70s, so we are in luck there. One of them can be heard here:...
29
29

Flexible cable for low-voltage DC power
I find myself building a lot of DC power cords for portable equipment. Whe re can I get some flexible round cable like what comes out of wall-warts an d laptop power supplies? Speaker wire ("zip"...
2
2

WANTED: Obsolete Component LED Rectangular Light Bars
I'm seeking some out-of-production discrete through-hole component LED ligh t bars for a project. There are two different styles that I want and can no t substitute. According to a couple of archived...

source for short lengths for 1pr 16-18Ga shielded
With insulation suitable for under the hood... Suggestions? -- A host is a host from coast to & no one will talk to a host that's close.......................... Unless the host (that isn't...
2
2

Glass Capacitors & Tantalum Capacitors for Sale
Glass Capacitors & Tantalum Capacitors for Sale Richard Maxwell (818)399-1158 text your message or call me or

18650 battery capacity range.
Having discovered that recycling bins in various shops are a good source of lithium battery packs that can be put to various uses, I notice quite a spread in claimed Ah capacities on the information...
15
15

Motorola HEP semiconductors.
Recently I came by archives of various American electronics magezines. There are numerous projects that list Motorola HEP semiconductors. Just out of curiosity - is HEP an abreviation? Any sources of...
21
21

AT89S52-24PC.
Liberated this part from a scrap Hitachi CD/radio, the "S" in the middle of the number had me not expecting it to be a flash programmable part - but the data sheet seems to suggest it is. Not only...
2
2

Source for graphic display
Looking for LCD graphic display approximately 6 inches by 1.5 inches (150 mm by 30 mm). High-resolution not required; I'm apparently limited by my size requirements. I don't see anything more than...
13
13

Automotive relay question
I have a 12V SPST cube relay in my junque box. The diagram molded into the which looks suspiciously like a resistor. (using a current-limited power supply) and the same current draw is measured. What...
17
17

RFC with 5 or 6 "pies".
When I was much younger and harvested components from valve (tube) TVs & radios, pie-wound chokes were pretty common - and I added a decent number to my junk box. Unfortunately, the exposed pie...
4
4

Dumping Ram on Vintage 4-bit TMS1000
Hi Can anyone assist in how to dump ram on the TMS100? Thankyou Chrles

Please help identify a cable connector
The picture shows an Intel (LSI) header on the left. It plugs into the connector shown on the right. Although Intel uses five pins for its SGPIO cable the connectors come in various pin lengths. Any...
3
3

ORP12 etc Cd-S LDR and the RoHS directive.
Seems like I can't get a definitive answer from Google as to whether Cadmium-Sulphide light dependant resistors are RoHS exempt or not. Someone on another forum thinks they may have seen a note on a...
6
6

Film cap identification
Parallelepipedic film cap, pale yellow, lead pitch .4", made in the early nineties : 100 nF 5% 160 V presumably. But which dieletric ? PP ? PET ? Metallised film or film-foil ? I may have to replace...
3
3