Re: What kind of spectrogram is this, anyway... ?

I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

Gary Eickmeier

> See attachment. > > That is a beautiful work of art, isn't it? > > I found it here: > >
> [In Google Drive, you only click ONCE] > > Click on "Speaker Recognition (NIST).pdf" > > Those sharp curves cannot possibly come from a human speech system, can > they? > > -Ramon > >
Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no rule-enforcers.

--

r b-j                  rbj@audioimagination.com

robert bristow-johnson

And the message is text only, containing a URL linking to an image, so within the rules for text only groups.

It's the same principle as linking to a Soundcloud file...

Incidentally, some news servers do either strip binary attachments from posts or just delete posts with binaries before they get onto the server.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go to a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere because I should not send them in a message.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

OK, for the quibblers out there it is both. Looks like he meant to send a link, then also attached a 160k .png file to the message.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

As I said, some news servers strip attachments in text only groups. It appears that News Individual Net is one of them. I saw no attachment.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

Gary:

"There are no worse jails than those which we build for ourselves."

-Moi

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

I bet a nickel you're using Outlook, which displays the link as if it were a local file. This is specifically a function of your news client, other people do not see this.

--scott

Scott Dorsey

Does Outlook do news now? I eschewed it many years ago because it didn't, and Outlook Express which does is/ was not a good program for any purpose.

Ah, you need a plugin, which calls Outlook Express or Vista Livemail to read news.

I'll stick to Thunderbird for now.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.