What type of RAM is this?

Can't seem to find a datasheet for this one, it's in a PCB from 2003

HY62WT081ED55C

Thanks

Reply to
jamma-plusser

At an inspired guess it's made by Hyundai. That might help.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks guys. Should have said that it's 28-pin surface mount. I THINK it's a standard 62256 ( 32K * 8 ) but am not 100% certain.

Going off at a tangent, what's a good, cheap, modern equivalent of the

62256 ?
Reply to
jamma-plusser

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:08:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) put finger to keyboard and composed:

Even though the part is marked as "HY62WT081E", the actual part number is "HY62WT08081E".

Here is a datasheet for the HY62WT08081E series:

Page 13 of the datasheet decodes the part number as ...

HY62WT081E = part name, 2.7~5.5V D = Low Low Power 55 = 55ns @ 4.5~5.5V, 70ns @ 2.7~3.6V C = Commercial (0 ~ 70 °C)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Excellent, many thanks for that. So why didn't the put complete number on the chip? For security purposes? It looks like the whole number could have been accomodated.

Much appreciated anyhow - looks like it's compatible with the 62256, etc.

Reply to
jamma-plusser

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:08:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) put finger to keyboard and composed:

When AdrianC posted the URL of the "Hynix part number decoder", I thought that your number was missing an additional "08" code for the capacity, so I searched for "HY62WT08081".

It may be instructive to see how other 8-bit Hynix SRAMs are marked.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar