Reply to
mike

Good one but it is not an IC

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Define 'fastest'. You might get a really narrow pulse one-shot by wiring some ECL thru a short delay line, and it's propagation delay ought to be low...

YWIA

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Ok, I'll bite. It's got substrate, diffusions, junctions, contacts... It's integrated and it's a circuit...and it can be really, really fast. One might even argue that it has zero propagation delay. ;-) mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.

SRD, in the ps range.

Ok, hard to set the pulse width to 1 ms, but he wanted the fastest.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

William P. N. Smith wrote in news:trcgj153gokc8pfpfv730q1osccueeum9q@

4ax.com:

Sorry for the confusion. I'm really looking for the fastest 74123 type of one shot. I want to use it to make short precision pulses at 10MHz. I'd like it to have complementary outputs. I'd like it to be CMOS. I'd like it to be temperature stable from 20F to 110F.

Regards

Reply to
random electron

Numbers are often useful in the design process. Short? Precision? Stable? You can't be helped if you can't state what you need. Yes, this IS my favorite pet peeve... mike

--
Wanted, Serial cable for Dell Axim X5 PDA.
with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
mike

What does "short precision pulses at 10MHz" mean and or why do you want a one shot to do that?

If all you want is short pulses at 10 MHz, consider the digital approach - Osc package and CPLD. 100 MHz should be simple. That's a 10 nSec pulse. Count to 10 and you have 10 MHz.

If you need to do something like turn a stream of wide pulses at

10 MHz into narrow pulses, the digital approach adds jitter. How much can you tolerate?
Hal Murray