What OS is inside the Linksys/Sipura boxes?

I am the proud owner of a Sipura ATA, and have used many Linksys boxes in my home network for a long time, before Cisco acquired them.

I have read that all those boxes are "Linux Inside" (TM) :-)

Can someone confirm or deny that?

What other well-known products run embedded Linux?

TIA,

-Ramon F Herrera

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

"Ramon F Herrera" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Well Linksys WRT54G(S) springs to mind... with open code and zillions of free add-on functions, alternative firmware etc., this hardware have sold much better than it would have done with "closed" code.

best regards, NKJensen

--
DYT ikke ved E-mail...
Reply to

Unfortunately, it is not that open. Some drivers and the "heart" of router - a program that actually interprets configuration and executes it - are closed source and unlikely to be ever opened. Besides no one knows for sure if binary FW that runs in router is actually built from the sources available (read - how outdated sources are).

=arvi=

Reply to
kermit