Vintage Transistor Datasheets Wanted

Looking for data on vintage transistors with the following markings:

A. White ceramic, black epoxy top (TO-106?), gold leads, marked "IM 7599 CDC".

B. Black plastic TO-98 (similar to modern TO-92 package, but with round flange at base), marked "5003GE", seems to be NPN.

C. 2N5133 (Dark gray/black ceramic, epoxy top [TO-106?])

D. 2N3565 (" ")

Also, is there a webpage showing photos or dimensioned drawings of all the small transistor package types (including these obsolete styles) for reference? My '91 ECG catalog doesn't even show the ceramic packages.

TIA

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman [ A T ]  verizon [ D O T ] net

--------------------
Reply to
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

Discontinued Transistor Data Book 1975

10,600 Devices listed. Maybe worth a look.

administrator

Hmm, this package was used both for Ge UHF transistors early on, and for phototransistors later.

The black epoxy top may in fact be transparent to infrared... Even if the device was never intended for use as a phototransistor!

I once asked a similar question and was told that the TO-series packages are/were defined by a standards body, and even got as far as finding out that the spec for each costs a sizable number of $.

A more economical route would be to collect some old databooks (probably going back to the 60's for the era you are asking about, 1991 is way too new.)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Nothing on that page matches my transistors, and I'm not going to spend all day downloading and searching each individual page of the book! For example, I jumped through your hoops to view one of the so-called "cross-reference" pages (which really isn't), then I viewed all 3 pages shown as containing parts with "5003". Two are in metal can packages (TO-5 and TO-46), and the other is in a TO-61 stud-mount, so after all that I find nothing even close to my transistors. Why don't you just make the whole book as a single .pdf document?

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman [ A T ]  verizon [ D O T ] net

--------------------
Reply to
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

Sorry about that Alan. I just thought it was worth a look. Many people have found obsolete data in the books we've scanned.

The main page lists all the parts from each page. All you needed to do was edit / find on page in IE.

On no page does it say "cross-reference". It just displays the title as shown on the top of the scanned page. "Type No. Cross Index" in this case.

Best Regards

Reply to
administrator

There's plenty of obsolete data in that book, just not for the parts I specified. Even if I had found the book useful, it's unlikely that I would have downloaded the entire book in its present form - the format is just too unwieldy.

I did that, but found no exact matches, only a few partial matches. Since in some cases type-numbers (for example, "2N2222") have equivalent parts in different case styles with similar numbers (such as "KN2222"), I looked up a few of the partial matches, but the pages seem to show that what I found were not at all electrically equivalent.

Sorry, my mistake - though I'm not clear on what exactly the semantic difference is, obviously a "Cross Index" is not what I need.

--
--------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman [ A T ]  verizon [ D O T ] net

Reply to
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

Back in the early 1960's Fairchild produced transistors in what we called the "plastic TO5" style, and I am sure that the 2N3565 was one of these devices. Today, Fairchild produce this device as the PN3565 in the TO92 case. I think the data for the PN would be similar to the

2N version but don't take this as gospel.

I have a 1965 data sheet for the higher voltage Fairchild 2N3567,

2N3568 devices in this plastic TO5 package if this looks a likely contender.

Drop me an email if interested.

Reply to
Ross Herbert