What's inside these smartcards?

Hi there, I have some unidentified ISO7816 white smartcards, whith nothing printed on them and I'd like to know what pic & eprom they have on board. Anyone knows if there is a software that could guess those data if I plug them in a smartmouse or any other programmer? Thank you for answering.

--
hamradio@toglimi.quipo.it
ANTI-SPAM: please cut "toglimi." for my real e-mail address.

Usually proprietary variants of the 8051 chip. Some single-chip with their own on-board RAM/EEPROM, sometimes with additional chips to supply RAM/ROM/Crypto functions, or whatever else you might be able to dream up. And often impossible to get *ACCURATE* (as in we *KNOW* that it does such and so because this is how we designed it", rather than "Well, when we poke it with a brown stick, it does this, and when we poke it wth a green stick, it does that, and when we poke it with a red stick, it does the other, so our best guess is..." from hacking/reverse engineering them) information on without paying a *VERY* stiff license fee.

Until/unless you find out who made the cards you've got in hand, the best you've got, or will get, is guesswork. Good luck...

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn't on my whitelist,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to