Tronic Ni Mh cells from Lidl (Ready to use eneloop Vs Professional).

Google pretty much only found battery chargers and it looks like the Lidl server is down, so I can't access the products user manuals.

Last time Lidl had batteries, they were "ready to use" eneloops, so I bought a half dozen D cells, they had batteries again on Monday and there were still some left of sizes I would have bought, but these are branded as; "Tronic - professional" - I nearly bought some, but there was no mention of ready to use or low self discharge on the packaging.

Anyone know if they're also low discharge type - or just like the old sort?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:34:57 -0000, "Ian Field" wrote as underneath my scribble :

They are the old high discharge sort - A few weeks ago they had the low discharge versions - they sell both types but not at the same time, you have to watch out for that! They used to be red but the last lot were silver body so you have to read the smallprint, as you obviously did! C+

Reply to
Charlie+

Thanks.

They obviously fooled some people, there were a few left Wednesday - I went there for milk today and the battery basket was cleared away.

I bought plenty of the old type when they were 50p a pack cheaper, so I don't need any more of those.

Reply to
Ian Field

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:21:48 -0000, "Ian Field" wrote as underneath my scribble :

Alot of people have no idea there is a difference - High eg2500mAh value seems to be the marketing seller and of course the hi discharge type will win on that basis. I assume the profit margin on the eneloop type is much lower as Lidl sell at the same price! C+

Reply to
Charlie+

Maybe I should hide a £20 note in a dark recess of my wallet for that rare occasion the right sort are offered.

Reply to
Ian Field