Looking for 6-32 Threaded Screws in the UK

Hello,

First of all, apologies for the off-topic question but I thought some of you may be able to help. I'm looking for "6-32" threaded screws, whatever that means. I've checked Farnell and RS (I'm based in the UK) and they mostly have the standard ISO Metric (M3, M4, etc.) screws. I can also find screws in some weird specs like BA, Imperial (BSW, UNC), but I haven't seen anything resembling the "6-32" designation. I ordered something called 6BA screws, but those turned out to be teeny weeny little ones, much smaller than the ones I'm after. Any ideas?

Many thx!

Costas _________________________________________________ Costas Vlachos Email: snipped-for-privacy@hot-X-mail.com SPAM-TRAPPED: Please remove "-X-" before replying

Reply to
Costas Vlachos
< Hello,
< First of all, apologies for the off-topic question but I thought some of you < may be able to help. I'm looking for "6-32" threaded screws, whatever that < means. I've checked Farnell and RS (I'm based in the UK) and they mostly < have the standard ISO Metric (M3, M4, etc.) screws. I can also find screws < in some weird specs like BA, Imperial (BSW, UNC), but I haven't seen < anything resembling the "6-32" designation. I ordered something called 6BA < screws, but those turned out to be teeny weeny little ones, much smaller < than the ones I'm after. Any ideas?

I just found a bunch of 6-32 machine screws in my outside desk. They are from "Crown Bolt Inc." Cerritos, CA, 90703 (US).

They have machine screws are zinc plated (galvanized ?) and they have stainless.

for stainless.

Steve Gonedes

6-32 screws *are* UNC. Small UNC/UNF sizes go by numbers. 6-32UNC is size 6, with 32 threads per inch, UNC thread shape.

You should be able to get 6-32UNC from Newark, via Farnell (same company). They'll probably charge for shipping from the US.

I bet RS have them, too.

BA (British Association) screws are something else altogether.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Do you think he still needs them after 10 years? He posted that request on Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:29:14 +0000 (UTC)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

you

Hey, we had a 20-year-old one resurrected in sci.optics a few months ago.

To the (2013) OP: Screwups like that are worse on Usenet, because there's a large appreciative, and largely underemployed audience. (Michael isn't one of them--he gets a pass because he spends so much of his time helping people, gratis, under very difficult conditions.)

However, your helpful attitude to the (2003) OP is also duly noted. Welcome to the sci.electronics newsgroups. Do hang around and help us dilute the other sort.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It traveled at sublight speeds, no doubt! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

< Do you think he still needs them after 10 years? He posted that < request on Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:29:14 +0000 (UTC)

My screws where purchased 01.06.01 05:52T00:00 . I still use them. :)

Sometimes I just miss USEnet.

Reply to
Steve Gonedes

I bought some in the '60s, but I keep buying more. I've bought 20 pounds at a time, and still ran out. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell