TMS4050NL ?

Does anyone know what a TMS4050NL is, and an url for a data sheet? I just came across about 50 of them new, that were stored on static pads all these years.

--
Grassroots
( no email - spoofed )

4K x 1 dynamic RAM, according to one site. I would have guessed a dynamic ram controller, but the same page shows that the TMS4500 is the dynamic ram controller from TI.

I could find that with a websearch, I used yahoo. Of course, since the number made me think of the controller, I used "TMS4050NL dram" for the searchwords, which got rid of some of the clutter.

Given its size, a completely useless piece of memory unless you use it to repair an existing piece of equipment.

The datasheet is bound to be in a TI databook for memory, if you find one old enough. The one I have doesn't have anything close to something that small.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Just toss 'em out then, I guess?

--
Grassroots
( no email - spoofed )

That, or put them on E-bay for some collector of old equipment.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

that

course,

of

anything

Ebay charges fees if they don't sell.

--
Grassroots
( no email - spoofed )

It's in my "MOS Memory Data Book" from TI dated 1978.

4Kx1 dynamic ram, open drain, 200/250/300ns access time grades. (With no suffix number I guess yours is the slowest.) Runs on +12V and -5V like many devices of that era. "Low power dissipation - 420mW typical" ;-)

I could scan the entire datasheet (8 pages A5 size) if you like, let me know. Mike.

Reply to
Remove _ for valid address

Thanks abyway, it sounds like they're totally worthless, I should just toss them.

--
Grassroots
( no email - spoofed )

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:58:45 -0500, Grass roots put finger to keyboard and composed:

Old low capacity memory chips (SRAM, DRAM, EPROM) seem to be in demand by restorers of arcade games, eg pinball machines.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Of course, really old memory is kind of neat to keep around, to show the grandkids.

"See this, it's a 256 by 1bit memory. When I was a kid, that's all we had." I was looking for something the other day and found my

1101 RAM, which is on that level of lack of memory, which I keep precisely to show it off.

Of course, 4K by 1 DRAM comes much later, and is almost high density.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

demand

Hey, at work we're having a problem with our Dell GX-200s and similar. We've got a couple hundred, and they all use Rambus. Well we're finding out that the Rambus mem is getting difficult to find. And it's really expensive. Like a couple hundred dollars for a DIMM. Weird. Maybe we'll have to cannbalize some old machines to get memory for the others.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

ababu?

Reply to