Tech: AY-3-8910 vs AY-3-8910A or A/P

Hi,

Does anyone know if a AY-3-8910 sound generator can be replaced with the AY-3-8910A or AY-3-8910A/P versions?

Hope you can help, Mark Capps

source for cheap ic's

Reply to
big dog

It's been a while since we used any of the FM sound IC's, but as I remember the 8910 variants were all backwards compatible. The A could drop in where the original went, and the /P looks like a designation for a plastic DIP part. Yamaha even made a pin compatible part and some variants. I know the YMZ284 was a pin reduced variant and I think the drop in replacement for the 8910 was the YM2149.

In fact I did a quick search and found this :

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

Hi James,

Thanks for all your help. Let me know if I can assit you anytime.

Mark Capps

James Beck wrote:

Reply to
big dog