Mic Buffer

Hi,

I am building an sound isolation cabinet and will be adding an external balanced and unbalanced mic output. Does anyone know of any chip(s) that I can use to buffer the signal to reduce attenuation that takes both phantom power and/or external power. I don't mind getting a small pcb made but do not want to have to do much work in designing the circuit. I simply want to provide the best output of the box I can and buffering the signal should help in some cases. I'm more interested in building the cabinet than a circuit though. Surely there are ic's made for this job?

Reply to
Archival 998

I'm not sure what 'phantom power' is. But would an opamp do the job? I usually run opamps off a split power supply, but for audio you cna AC couple and run from a single supply. (It's hard to find +/-15 volt switching supplies.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

here is one place to look

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I don't know if there are any chips that meet your requirements - I doubt there are any - that you can just feed with power and do the job. You'll have to do *some* designing unless you buy a readymade unit. The INA217 by TI has superb specs (haven't used it myself so far), and there are others with lower but still very good specs.

What length of cable do you intend to run and what level of attenuation would you find unacceptable? You can run quite a bit of cable without losing signal *strength* that the mixer gain cannot easily compensate.

Reply to
Pimpom