Socket for SOIC-44 package

Need to find a socket so I can program AM29F800 devices, but dont want to pay an insane price for it (otherwise I'll keep on soldering fairy wires to them - Its tedious, but considering I only do one every couple of months, it works) Any suggestions, folks. M

Reply to
moby

Yamaichi is the biggest supplier of test/prototyping sockets for most of these devices -

NOTE: The ZIF socket for this application intended for device programmers will be phenomenally expensive; likely >$100. You should be able to acquire a socket intended for maintenance purposes for ~$20. It will still be ZIF in the literal sense of the word, but the locking mechanism will be different and not designed for a large number of mating cycles.

Reply to
zwsdotcom