Re: A smallish starter Kit for led control

We have a range of solutions but a lot depends on what sort of drive

> you want and how that is going to be implemented. For low cost board > look at
60 3V3 > I/O there and the 3 headers are on 0.1"/2.54mm grid so you can make > stripboard lash-ups to add on. > > John Adair > Enterpoint Ltd. > > > > > I would like to see what kind PWM LED control I could do with FPGA and > > of course just play with the kit to see what else I can do with it. A > > FPGA (kit)with plenty of pins and low price is good. > > > I am not willing to re invent all the the wheels there is and > > programming some PC interface, so the kit or FPGA should have some > > communication port built in. There are plenty of LED controllers > > already, so that wheel I am happy to reinvent.

I guess I did not put a question here. But you guessed correctly, a starter kit pointer or name is what I want. It seems I'll know a good starter kit, when I dont need them any more. 29.9$ is surely a good price. I am willing to pay a little more though. That board 3 from Enterpoint is surely one alternative.

Some more info of what I have in mind. A decent ("centipede") cpu has about 40 free IO pins. That means it could PWM drive that much LEDs. I am thinking a very simple way, just controlling one LED with one pin. Programming may become difficult because of timing and so on. I think I could better describe a PWM control with logic, and timing seems to be easier.

I need also a bus to get data from PC. What the bus is, is not important now. Of course, if I have to program it my self, it should be simple.

Many pins, heh, more than 18. Basic logic outputs, Cmos levels and speed. I am not going to drive LEDS with FPGA outputs directly. What is there in the kit is a different matter, but buffers are easy to build.

With thanks Leif M

Reply to
LM