Wanted: Amstrad NC100 or NC150 devices for embedded application

I'm looking to acquire a couple of Amstrad NC100s or NC150s for an embedded application. These were quite popular back home in Australia, but seem to be very thin on the ground now. I don't know if they were ever sold here in the USA but I've been bidding on them on eBay. I'll pay a reasonable price, and airmail shipping.

Alternatively I'll take recommendations for something else with a fullsize QWERTY keyboard, 80x8 or 40x4 character LCD and serial port, that can run a 2400/8N1 terminal, includes an onscreen text editor, and can either transfer straight text over the serial port or store it on a PCMCIA card (linear SRAM is fine).

IOW I need to be able to edit command files (ASCII text files) on the device, and upload them to an embedded device using the terminal program. I also need to be able to interact with the embedded device using the termprg, and make ASCII notes that can be saved to a text file on the device, and later transferred to a PC.

The NC200 is not ergonomically great for my needs but could be used if necessary.

I know about the Alphasmart devices but the modern ones are too complex and high-end for my needs and the Palm OS is a PITA to work with; conduits, strange filesystems, etc. I don't have enough info on the older models to know if they could be adapted for my needs.

Reply to
larwe

and

It's been pointed out to me that the Kyocera devices such as NEC PC-8300 and TRS-80 Model 100, 102 and 200 pretty much meet my specs. I'd prefer the NC100 because it's ergonomically much nicer, but I'll make do with the Trash-80s if I have to..

Reply to
larwe