single component signal detector

Given a rotor with 6 magnets of alternating polarity, I need to count the steps as the rotor turns. I've got a coil next to the rotor as a sensor. The question is how to turn the coil signal (current) into a pulse train that an MCU can count.

Would a sensitive-gate SCR work?

/tj3

Reply to
tj3

You're not ready to post to a *components* group yet.

Put a scope on the sensor (coil) and quantify what you have. Load it several ways and see how it changes. Once you have some VALUES about *how much*, THEN you can start thinking about *how* and *what*.

Reply to
JeffM

OIC. I should built it *BEFORE* iI design it. Thanks, but even I know better than that.

BTW, you aren't ready to post a reponse to a query in any news group. If I had to bet it would be that you never will be.

/tj3

P.S. The known values are as follows:

50 MGOe NIB magnet, D=750 um, T=750 um. air gap : 100+/=15 um coil : D=500 um (A=2.5e-7m^2), turns=40 Vrel = 100 m/s
Reply to
tj3