great eagle migration of 2018

Hi,

Will it occur? I mean eagle cad to kicad import of projects on a "massive" scale, not an invasion of canada from the U$A.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

We switched to Diptrace.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

I tried Eagle one time many years ago and designed one board with it, I remember it being a frustrating piece of software to use, it seemed to be pathologically against using "standard" keyboard shortcuts as compared to other CAD software, everything worked backwards from the way you would intuitively expect it to. The commercial-use variants seemed like absurd prices for what you get at the time, like if you're going to spend low Gs on a PCB softwares why not just step up to Altium it's way better for not _that_ much more

Reply to
bitrex

It felt like a $200 piece of software they were hawking for pushing 2 grand IIRC

Reply to
bitrex

Nice, Diptrace "standard" looks perfect for me I'm going to give it at try. $395! Cool I'm a fan of non-insanity pricing structures

Reply to
bitrex

Why pay for anything ? Try Kicad for free ?

We use Eagle 6.5 at our company but we've been using it for many years and it's paid for and works.

But Kicad evidently works at least as well and can import/export etc.

boB

Reply to
boB

Beautiful Layout Hunchback likes Diptrace, and it talks bidirectionally wit h Altium via the PCAD or PADS i/o functions. It also imports Eagle stuff pr etty well via a ULP.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs (coming to you from sunny Bangkok)

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Bangkok. Oriental setting. But the city don't know what the city is getting.

Reply to
bitrex

...freebie has its own limits (pins) that is"easier" to bump into.

Reply to
Robert Baer

We aren't using the free one.

Cheers