Perreaux "house named" components...

Hi,

I'm tying to identify some PNP/NPN transistors in an old (c. 1985) Perreaux amplifier. The manual and schematic only refers to them as "pslp" and "psln" - other active components all have their proper p/nos. The amp is a rather lovely PMF 2150B - a classic of its time and worth restoring.

perreaux are not being helpful on this.

Many thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike Deblis

"psln"

I'd hazard a guess that the first is a generic small-signal PNP transistor and the second is a generic small-signal NPN transistor. Are the output transistors labeled "pslp" and "psln" too?

And what do the actual transistors say on them?

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

I've always though the Perreaux's were a MOSFET amp. Well I know all the current ones are, pre and power. I've I thought they always were - they advertise that fact all the time, saying they've been making mosfet amps for over 25 years so they are experts etc etc.

Puunda

Perreaux

Reply to
Puunda