Need PDTA114 transistors

I need a source for a small quantity (20 or 30) Phillips PDTA114YS transistor for a small VHF transmitter project. It is evidently an obsolete part, and I don't find an equivalent part . Here is the data sheet, in case anyone is interested:

This TO-92-3 transistor has an internal bias resistor, but I am unsure what makes it special other than that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:24:14 -0500, "Jim" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Look for DTA114Y parts.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Well, gee. The DTA114ysa does seem to be the substitute, but there doesn't appear to be a source for that either, unless I need a few thousand.

Thanks Jim

obsolete

case

what

Reply to
Jim

Jim TOP POSTED:

Maybe Patrick will show up.

JeffM

So if it's an obsolete part, why do you want it? The only good reason is as a replacement part, otherwise find other parts.

In your case, if you're building from some old schematic, you find one that uses common parts so substitution is easy, or you find a more recent schematic that uses parts that haven't gone out of style.

There is nothing magical about most schematics. Name any project, and likely a long string of similar projects were published. Few are unique, while plenty will be difficult to build up because they do use special parts.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Look there, in the PNP section.

what you're looking for is a digital PNP transistor with R1 =10k and R2=47K if I remember..

19 cents shouldn't break you !

"

Reply to
Jamie

Other companies make these devices. Rohm and On-semi come to mind. I think Farnell may even stock some.

Look for 'digital transistor'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Very good!, I don't know why Mouser stuff doesn't come up on a Google search, but I found what I need at Mouser.com

Thanks Jim

doesn't

Reply to
Jim

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:33:25 -0500, "Jim" put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, here is a UK source for the leaded part (DTA114YS):

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Dear Member,

Yes. We do support some obseleted components. You may send the required to the following e-mail : snipped-for-privacy@townt.com